53. Work, Family and Photos

Hey!! :D

Finally! No, my exams aren't over but this is a small chap I wrote before they started so here it is. :)
Hopefully this book will end this weekend. I don't even know if I am supposed to be sad or happy lol

HappyReading!!

~~*~~

*--Few Weeks Later--*

~~~PREET's POV~~~

"Aur meri jaan kaisi hai?" Hussain asked from the other end and I smiled at his use of words. I looked at Seher and ran a hand through her soft hair, "tumhaari jaan bilkul theek hai aur so rahi hai."

"Sleeping?" He huffed, "yaar, every time I call she is sleeping."

"And Whenever she is awake, you are busy," I rolled my eyes, shaking my head.

"I miss her yaar," he winced and I chuckled. "Only her?"

"No, I miss mom dad and Maha too," he said and I nodded to myself. "Bas?" I asked.

"Umm," he murmured like he was thinking, "I miss Waqas and Nosh too."

I huffed and stayed quiet. He is miles away yet, he wants to tease me.

"Tumhaari nahi aati," he said after a while and I frowned at the wall. Sach mai nahi aati? "You are always on my lock screen na, that's why!"

A small smile broke through my lips and I giggled. "Bas Seher ki aati hai. You didn't let me take a pic of her."

"She was sleeping when you wanted to take a pic," I complained and he laughed at my stupid superstitions. Even if they are stupid, I wouldn't take a chance. It's about my angel after all.

"But I miss her more that anything and anyone!" He sighed.

"Itni hi yaad aa rahi hai toh na jaate na," I giggled and he sighed again. "I am coming back."

"No!" I exclaimed, "you dare not. It's only for a few weeks anyway. You are not coming back and that's final."

"But Shehry can look after the promotions and I don't even want to perform at IIFA this year," he insisted but we both knew that he had to attend it this time as he had to perform and promote his upcoming film.

"That reminds me; where are they??" I asked, changing the topic. I finished folding Seher's clothes and got up to keep them in the cupboard.

"Honge kaheen," Hussain replied, disinterestedly, "I thought about being the third wheeler and irritating the hell out of them. Fir socha Shehry ke chakkar main Asmaara ko kyun pareshan karoon?"

I giggled at that and shook my head, "good decision. Ab kaam pe dhyan do."

"Hmm that reminds me, I have an interview and then practice. I'll call you later."

"Oh okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow then, I am going to sleep or else Seher will wake up again," even thinking about sleep made me yawn.

Over the past few weeks, I have forgotten what that word means completely. Seher stays up almost every night and so I have to stay awake with her. And When she sleeps during the day, I have to get through a million other chores. Every time I am free, she cries like she knows it's time to get all the attention and play.