35. Birthday Shock

I am loving the new Wattpad update and now I can write my things like this !!! :D :D

~~~ASMAARA's POV~~~

"Oh and you need to meet Gemma to sign the papers. They should be ready by 2PM today," Faiza explained my today's planner and I nodded every now and then even though, I understood nothing. Or more like, I was not interested in listening to her.

"Anything else?" I asked and she smiled. "Just go through the day, smiling... And happy birthday, Miss Khan!"

"You remembered? I asked in surprise and she nodded, proudly.

"Aww thank you!" I got up and gave her a quick hug. The first person to wish me face to face since this morning.

Mama and baba left for Australia early morning since they had to meet up with the investors and I guess they got too busy there to even flick me a text. Well, nothing new. Aksar mera birthday bhool jaya karte hein dono. But, even Shehry didn't call me. Yaad na bhi ho toh Facebook se pata chal hi gaya hoga na. Main bhi call nahi Karne wali usse. Let's see, yaad aata bhi hai ya nahi.

"Ma'am? Ma'am?" Faiza's voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I blinked at her, "I should be leaving now and please don't forget your meetings."

"Yeah!" I replied and she left my cabin. I threw my head back on my chair and closed my eyes for a brief second until Faiza appeared again.

"One last thing!" She chirped as she approached me, "sir left this for you!"

She passed me a box and I frowned at it as I opened it. I half smiled as I took out a key and a note from it. 'Happy Birthday' was all that was written on the note. Disappointed, I kept both of them back, inside the box. At least he remembered my birthday but, after all the family drama, all he leaves me is a plain 'happy birthday'? He couldn't be bothered to say it face to face or at least write a personalised message? Yeah, well I shouldn't have expected anything more from him.

"Aren't you going to check it out?" Faiza gapped at me, "it's Lamborghini Veneno!"

"So? I like my BMW better," I shrugged and shoved the box aside. I don't need gifts, I need people.

"Yeah," she sighed and walked out again.

I called the kitchen and asked for an espresso before I went back to flipping pages. After spending good long hours on a file, it was time for me to meet up with Jess, to finalise my accessories to go with the dress, before my meeting with Gemma. Picking up my keys and handbag, I left my cabin.

The large hall was too quite and I hardly saw anyone on their desks. The lights were dim and the computers were left abandoned. Maybe everyone has gone for lunch, I told myself as I strolled across the room. Low hissing sound, behind me, caught my attention and I turned around only to find dozens of people jumping in my face.

"Happy birthday!" They yelled and I blinked at them in surprise. "Woah!"

All the staff members stood in front of me with party hats and balloons in their hands. A bunch of them started bursting party poppers and I grinned at them, "thank you guys!"

"Thank Your friend Jessica, who planned all this only for you," Faiza smiled at me as she made me wear a party hat and my eyes searched for Jessica. She appeared from behind a few people.

I gawked at the two tier white and lavender coloured cake that she was holding in her hands. There was only one candle on the top along with some writing. Too old for candles already! I gasped at her and she stuck her tongue out at me.