13. One Dance

Not fully edited.
~
~

~~~MALVIKA's POV~~~

It's early Tuesday morning and I can't be bothered getting up. I have been staring at the ceiling for that past half an hour with nothing to do since Megha took Manik out for a walk and I have no work today. My team can handle everything because the magazines have already been sent for printing yesterday and everyone know their topics for this week. So, I am being the lazy old me.

Suddenly the pin drop silence in my room got disturbed by my mobile's ring tone. I tried my best to ignore it but it kept ringing. Must be something important, I thought and  finally gave up. Struggling to get out of my tangled bed covers, I stumbled up to my dressing table and answered the call.

"Aye Kya bolti tu," came a voice and I quickly checked my caller ID to make sure if I had read the name right or not.

"Waqas-"

"Shh- just sing along!" He insisted and I rolled my eyes. "Ok..? Kya main bolu?" It was more like a question for me too; confirming if the lyrics were right or not.

"Sunn?"

"Sunna?" I yawned and landed on my bed again.

"Aati kya Khandala?" Seriously? How long is this going to last?

"Kya karu aake main khandala?" I am sure that I was completely out of tune because I was so not interested in this mini Indian Idol.

"Arey ghoomeinge, phireinge, naacheinge, gayeinge, ek page three party attend kareinge aur Kya?"

Even though I didn't remember the lyrics, I still knew that the last line was not apart of this song.

"You want me to attend a party then you could have just asked for it normally," I chuckled and he sighed on the other end. "Yeah so you could cut the call on my face thirty seconds after picking up, right?"

"But, I can disconnect the call right now too.. Like in two seconds," I teased and I think I heard a groan from the other end. "Malvika!" Waqas said- more like warned me.

"But-"

"You are coming on Friday and that's final," Waqas ordered and I sighed, "Now shut up and collect the parcel that must be at your doorstep by now."

He disconnected the call without listening to me. I ran a hand through my hair and went out. The doorbell rang just in time for me to open the door. Quickly signing the paper, I collected the parcel and closed the door.

I unwrapped the fancy package and it revealed a beautiful red and blue dress. There were matching shoes also. The only problem was that it was traditional. Heck no! He wants me to wear traditional to a page three party?

No way.

~~~ASMAARA's POV~~~

"Pyar ka pehla kadam dosti hai, aur aakhari bhi ... bus beech ke kadam reh gaye hain."

While trying to cheer up this guy, I ended up getting bored by Kal Ho Na Ho. I have watched this movie so many times that I can't handle it anymore and beside me is Shehry; who is so much into the story that he hasn't moved even an inch in the past- I don't know- one hour? Two hours?

Ugh why is this movie so long? And how long is this going to last? Oh well, at least he is enjoying it, I smiled and reached for some popcorns. The bowl was empty so I sighed and got up to make more. It's one of the easiest thing ever; just microwave for a few minutes and there- you have your popcorns.

As I took the packet out of the microwave, I grabbed a pair of scissors to cut open it. I was about to tip the packet into bowl when Shehry's voice startled me.