01:: Falling Apart

Frequent updates are going to be short until my mid term break :)

Or do you guys prefer longer, slow updates??

Let me know! :)

And remember to read from the character's POV (:

(Unedited)

~~~ASMAARA'S POV~~~

"Rabia get your bag ready," I called out to my ever so lazy friend who had a flight in 2 hours. Shabir bhai, her husband, had planned a little honeymoon for them, away from work and life's hectic schedule. Since I was already living with them, I was asked to look after their beautiful house.

"Ya Allah, aa rahi hoon. Tum toh aise bhaag rahi ho jaise tumhari flight chhooti jaa rahi ho," she complained as she made her way down the spiral staircase.

"uski nahi par hamari zaroor chhoot jayegi," shabir bhai chuckled and Rabia rolled her eyes at us. Whenever Shabir bhai and I are together, Rabia always ends up being the victim. She should be happy that we are not targeting her due to the time issues.

Shabir bhai is the brother that I never had and this is my little family away from the reality; away from all the tensions.

I dropped them off to the airport and went to the mall. The weather forecast announced that there will be heavy snowfall for the rest of this week so I had to get all the grocery and general things together in time. Shopping doesn't take me as long as it used to once. I prefer going out, buying the things that are on my list and get home as quickly as possible. A part of me wants to live like any other 26 year old single- like I used to once- but, then a part of me is also scared. Scared of-

PEEEP!!!!!

The loud horn snapped me out of my daze and I looked around me. I was at a signal that was flashing green. Quickly pulling myself together, I drove as fast as I could.

"Sorry!" I yelled and raised my hand in the air so the driver behind me could see that I was apologising. This is not new for me as I always end up in my own little world during the red signal breaks. In fact, I zone out quite easily when I am alone.

~~~PREET's POV~~~

I woke up in my bed when I had clearly passed out on the couch last night. That means that Hussain is finally home after three whole weeks! I threw my blanket aside in excitement to show him our awards however, before I could get out of the bed, he came inside with a tray in his hand.

"Morning!" I greeted as he came around and placed the breakfast tray on the bed.

"Morning," he leaned in and kissed my cheek. Gosh I missed him so much...

"You are too lazy- uth hi nahi rahi thi toh maine hi breakfast bana diya," he sighed and I giggled. He used to make breakfast whenever he was home when we were newly married... That was one of our house rules.

"Koi nahi- isi bahane tumhare saath breakfast toh ho jaye ga," I smiled and he awkwardly pulled away.

"Right," he nodded and cleared his throat. Isse kya hua?

We had our breakfast in silence. I am sure we both had a lot to share but, none of us knew where to start from. I guess we were both scared that we might end up having another fight. Pata nahi Yeh faasle hamaare beech kaise aa gaye? Kitne khush the hum...

"So, where is the trophy?" Hussain asked all of a sudden and I smiled internally. He remembers!

I leaped out of the bed and headed towards the cupboard. I had specially kept it here to surprise him. "I thought you forgot," I told him, honestly, as I opened the cupboard.