Chapter 4

[Nikki]

The first day was actually not that bad. I saw Myles out in the hall waiting for me. I was just talking to Coach about our first performance in the assembly coming up. The last bell of the day rang and I walked out the dance room screaming "Bye Coach! Love you!" She laughed at how loud I was and screamed back "Bye Nikki! Love you too!"

I walked out seeing Myles on his phone not paying attention to anything. I walked up to him and he still didn't budge. I looked through my bag, grabbed my water bottle, took the cap off and flicked it at him. He chuckled and whispered "oww" when it hit his eye. We walked out to the car but I had to pull him towards the car and the sparks came again just stronger.

[Myles]

When we got into the car I plugged my phone in the charger because it died. The drive to her house was dead silent. It was kind of awkward, I was still pretty annoyed by Lycia and I really didn't feel like talking. But something kept going through my mind. I felt sparks again while she pulled me to the car. I'm so confused. Nikki was pretty much avoiding me the whole time, probably trying to avoid her feelings. I mean I understand. We are bestfriends and I don't want to ruin our friendship and she probably doesn't want to either.

When we got to her house her mom was in the living room watching her filipino shows. We went into the kitchen to find snacks and raced up the stairs. It wasn't so awkward when we got to her room. We talked about our day until I had to go home. "Bye Nikki! See you tomorrow!" I haven't talked to my family all day so I thought I'd eat dinner with them since I'm always at Nikki's.