Chapter 20

[Nikki]

ugh school. "Nikki get up or you'll be late! You have dance after school right?" My mom says walking into my room. "Ugh. Yeah. I won't be home until late." I respond. She nods and walks out my room. I get up and do my morning routine. I get ready and decide to wear Myles' gray HBK sweater he left at my house, black leggings and my gray converse. "Nikki! HURRY UP!" I hear my mom yell. I look at the clock and it's only 6:50. What is going on with her. School doesn't start til 7:45. I grab my bag and phone and head downstairs. "Mom why are you in such a hurry?" I ask her sitting down. "I need to talk to you about competition this weekend." She says looking worried. "Mom, what is it?" I asked scared of what she's going to say. "Honey. I might have to work that day. And you know I love you. I would never miss competition ever. But my boss said that if I don't go in I could get fired. " She says alittle nervous. "Ohh.. Mom it's okay. I'll get our dance recorded so you can see it. Don't worry about it I understand." I say hugging her. "Okay well you should get going" She says looking at the time. 7:20 dang it took that much time? I hug her and say bye. I get in my car and go to starbucks and get Myles, Coach, Ariana, and myself a drink.

I got to school carrying my bag and 4 drinks in a carrier. I see Myles in the front with Kalin and hand him his drink. "Hey Baby K. Sorry didn't know what kind of drink you like." I say hugging him. "It's fine" He says smiling. "See you guys later!" I walk towards the dance hallway and see Ariana walking from  the locker room. "Ari! I got you something!" I say yelling at her to get her attention. She smiles and speed walks to me. "I freaking love you." She says grabbing her drink. "Love you too! See you at lunch!" I say hugging her. I then go straight to the dance room to see the whole team in there making me feel sorry since I didn't get all the girls a drink. "Hi babies!" I say walking in. "Sorry I didn't get everyone a drink. I was in a rush." I say walking to Coach's desk. "Here Coach" I say handing her her drink. "Thank you Nik's" "New nickname? Sounds weird but okay." I say making Coach laugh. The bell rang making all the girls leave and I hear many byes, love you, see you laters etc. "Can you run to my car and get the locker room keys? I forgot them." Coach asks. I nod and grab her car keys. I walk out to see Myles walking out to his car. "Where do you think you're going Mr.Parrish!" I yell making him turn around hella fast. I duck down and start laughing hella hard. "What do you think you're doing Ms.Hill?" I hear behind me. I turn around to see Myles smirking. "Hi bestfriend" I say hugging him. I go to Coach's car with Myles following behind me. "Whatcha doin?" He asks. "I have to get the locker room keys." I say grabbing them and locking the doors. "Oh." "What about you?" I ask. "I went to grab my phone charger. My phone is literally about to die." He says laughing. "Oh" I giggle. "If you're not doing anything. Come to the dance room." I say walking away and going to the back door of the dance hallway.

After school

I had to text Myles since I won't be seeing him until tomorrow.

Nikki: Hey I have dance practice so I'll see you tomorrow. 💓
Myles🤘🏼: Okay text me when you're done tho.❤️

Our practice started with an 8 minute mile. Then went back to the dance room and started working out. Then about an hour  later we started running through our dances. I stopped dancing and started watching with Coach to see if we needed to fix anything. "ALLY MAKE YOUR ARMS SHARP. WE HAVE COMP. THIS WEEKEND. WE CAN'T HAVE ANYONE SLOPPY. THINK ABOUT IT GIRLS. RUN IT AGAIN!"  I yell. I don't mean to be mean but these girls don't understand. Competition is super important and that we've worked hard enough to win. Coach plays the song again and the girls look so much better. " Okay run through the order of Comp. then we'll be done for the day!" I say walking over to the girls and get ready to dance. We went through all the dances and we all were pretty tired after. "Costume check tomorrow during class" Coach says while we gather our things. "Running in the morning too! Be here at 5:55!" I say walking towards everyone. "Bye my loves! See you tomorrow!" I yell walking out the dance room and going through the back door. I grab my phone and call my mom.
{M:MOM N:NIKKI}
M: Hello?
N: Hi mom! Just got done with practice. Did you want me to pick something up to eat or?
M: Yes I'm sorry hun. I didn't cook anything. I'm actually with Debbie right now at their place. Are you going straight home?
N:Well l'm going to go get something to eat and yeah I'll go over there. I have clothes there too. I'll see you guys in a bit. Bye love you.
M:Okay love you too. Bye

I got in my car throwing my bags in the back. I texted Myles before I start driving saying:

Nikki: I'm going to get a smoothie. Want one?
Myles🤘🏼: Sure just get me the same as yours.

I go to Jamba Juice and get just a strawberry banana smoothie. I ordered two and paid. I got them within 5 minutes and headed to the Parrish's house. I opened the door with the spare key and walk inside locking the door behind me. I walk into the kitchen and place my smoothie down. I walk into the living room and say hi to my mom and mama debs. I then walk up stairs and go to Myles' room. I walk in to see him on his computer with headphones on facing the opposite direction of the door. I walk behind him and place his drinl down on his desk. He jumped a little making me laugh. "When'd you get here?" He asks. "A few minutes ago. I'm gonna go take a shower really quick." I say going into his closet, grabbing some Nike Pros, a sports bra, panties and a towel. I then walk into his bathroom and take a shower. When I was done I went downstairs to get my smoothie to see it's not on the counter. "It's in the fridge honey." Debbie said. "Oh thank you mama debs" I say hugging her. "Where's my mom?" I ask looking around the room to see she's not there. "She went home. She said she was tired. She doesn't care if you stay here and sleep. I don't mind either. But I'm going to bed now. Love you" She says walking up the stairs. "Love you too!" I walk to the fridge and get my smoothie. I then turn off all the lights but making sure the door is locked first then sprinting up the stairs because I hate how dark the house gets still. I reach Myles room and see he's laying down. "I'm sleeping here tonight. I'm too lazy to drive home." I say sitting down on the other side of his bed.

"Did you eat dinner?" He asks taking a sip if his smoothie. "This is my dinner." I say showing him my smoothie. He shakes his head and gets up. "You need to eat something. Get up." He sayswaiting for me to get up. I scoot to the end of the bed and make him come close to me. I turn him around and jump on his back. "I'm too lazy to walk." I say laughing. He nods and chuckles and walks down the stairs. When we were almost down the stairs I remembered my smoothie that was left on his bed. "Myles, I forgot my smoothie." I whined. He groaned and kept walking down. "You can drink it after you eat." He says placing me on the counter. "You want a grilled chicken salad?" He asks looking through his fridge. "You know me so well." I say nodding my head like crazy. He chuckles and grabs the already grilled chicken, and salad packet out of the fridge. As he was making the salad I asked him "Are you coming to my competition this weekend?" He looks up and goes wide eyed. "It's this weekend?" He asks slowly. I ynod really confused. "I'm supposed to go with Kalin and meet our manager down in LA this weekend." He says looking away. "Ohh." I say looking down. "What about Jake?" I ask. "He's coming with since he's gonna be our DJ." He explains. "Ohh okay." I fake smile. "I'm so happy for you guys." I say looking away. "Thank you." He says handing me my salad. "Thank you." I say eating my salad. It was silent until I was done eating.

"Okay well let's go to sleep." I say cleaning up my plate and the area I ate at. He walked infront of me and I followed. I went to his bathroom, brushed my teeth and washed my face. I then walked into his room then laid down. "Good night Nikki." Myles says pulling me close to him. "Night Myles." I say turning away from him. I hear him sigh and felt his grip tighten. Then I slowly fell into a deep sleep.

___________________________
Don't forget to vote and comment! Thanks for reading guys! Love y'all

stay hyphy🤘🏼
xoxo e💓