A Tainted Mind

~Sebastian~

As soon as her breathing turned steady and even, he tried to detach her arms from his neck. The more he moved away, unfortunately, the more tangled up the girl became around him. He cringed at their position, but he knew he was stuck. He inwardly groaned.

His fresh wounds stung, and his blood easily soaked her thin slip. He closed his eyes and dropped his head onto the soft bed. In all honesty, Sebastian felt numb, as if his human flesh couldn't take anymore and wanted to destroy the sense of pain. He would gladly give in to that, to not feel raw and sore with each movement.

How would he explain this to his master? Lady (Y/n) was torturing me, only to stop halfway and start screaming in horror at herself and calling me 'father' before she blacked out. As if he would believe that, it sounded completely...wrong. Had her wails even been heard by anyone else in the manor?

Did it matter? He couldn't speak of this to him, could he? (Y/n) had ordered him to say nothing of what goes on in this room to Ciel... Yet, Ciel ordered him to find out everything he could about her father, and this had to count. What now..?

Plus, he still had trouble dissecting the situation, starting with why she kept calling him "father". What was it about this girl's past that led her to hallucinations at the sight of blood..? But this was the first time she's ever done that, and she seemed to deal with blood in one way or another every day. What triggered her actions then?

He sighed, and wrapped his arms around her in an attempt to get in a more comfortable position. She snuggled closer to him, nuzzling her head into the crook of his neck and sighing.

Was this the same girl that had been whipping him for being curious? Was this the same girl that controlled his master? Was this the same girl he saved from death? He didn't know anymore, but now that he couldn't see her face, his only indication to her actions being part of her dreams was the slow pounding of her heart and the way she breathed.

Her body language seemed to give him the silent order to stay. He still had work to do around the manor... They were expecting a guest tomorrow, and he had to make it seem top notch in quality - and that more than two evils weren't roaming around. Hell knew that the other clumsy imbeciles couldn't take care of it. They were anything but useful with household chores. They could fight though, and that was all the young master really needed.

Sebastian hoped that by the time (Y/n) woke up he would still have time to prepare and heal. In the meantime, he really had nothing to do but to hold her.

His wounds stopped bleeding, giving the rest of the warm substance a chance to dry and crack. The amount of effort it would take to clean it off, however, was far from his mind. As his mind wandered, his fingers had been running through the length of her hair, untangling knots and twirling it in curls around his gloved fingers.

Even as he noticed this action, he didn't stop. It was calming, somehow, and he had a small smile curving his lips. Something about the way she didn't fight, or showed only peace when she sighed again made him feel almost... happy. Like there was a chance he could tame her. That there was a chance this wasn't a one-time thing, seeing her like this. He liked the fantasy...

Fantasy? Demons don't fantasize, especially not something like that. For a moment, he hesitated. What was he doing anyway? She was cruel, wicked, and entirely flawed... and she reminded him of himself.

Ridiculous.

Sebastian stopped playing with her hair immediately, disgusted and ashamed at his thoughts. There was no way the naïve young Lord wasn't far off the mark if he believed a demon harbored actual feelings for a human. A young human girl no less. He shook his head silently, confused.