Chapter 53

Nick looked out of the window of the airplane, feeling nausea taking over. He never had a problem flying before, but wondered why he wasn't feeling well. Shifting in his seat, he tried to get comfortable but couldn't. They were halfway back to Florida, Aaron sleeping next to him and Amanda holding the baby. Nick couldn't help but smile to himself as he thought of how much he loved her and his new family....how he planned to propose.

On the flight back home, Nick thought back to the last few days and grinned contentedly. Everything was going exactly to plan...and now that they were to be engaged, Nick couldn't stop thinking of Amanda as his wife. His dreams were finally all coming true...he would marry her and then everything would be perfect. Shifting once more in his seat, his stomach was in knots. He couldn't fall asleep for some reason, so he was awake all the way back to Miami International Airport.

Once they had landed, Nick held Celine as Amanda helped get their bags. Amanda felt tired and so did Aaron and the baby. She couldn't wait to sleep in her own bed once more. They weren't even out of the airport when Nick's BlackBerry began to ring.

"Hello?" Nick answered. Amanda smiled and shook her head at her boyfriend.

"Who is calling him? We just landed." she muttered, a little annoyed. She should have known Nick wouldn't be left alone once they got back from her parents house. Nick came back as they were leaving the airport and going to the car.

"That was Howie. I have to work on a few songs tonight." Nick explained as he got behind the wheel. He felt very tired and drained already but knew that studio time was in order that night and he would be working late. Once they got home, Nick went right into the studio and Amanda put the baby down for a nap.

"How was the trip?" AJ asked as he walked into the room.

"Nick really impressed my parents. They like him and said Nick is wonderful." Amanda told him.

"That's great. Do I hear wedding bells?" AJ joked with a grin. He knew how much Nick and Amanda belonged together and was glad things were finally working out for them.

"God , Jay. That would be wonderful. I'm in love with him....now that I know he loves me just as much, I would love to be married." Amanda said with a smile as she thought of Nick as her husband. Lunch came and went, and so did dinner, but Nick had not come in the house yet.

Amanda was disappointed that he didn't come to bed at least, she waited until about two in the morning before laying down. She looked out the window and saw the red light on the door of Nick's studio, and knew he was recording. The next morning, Nick was not at breakfast either.

"Where is Nick?" Aaron asked when he came into the kitchen looking sleepy.

"He never came out of the studio. Have you seen him, AJ?" Amanda asked as she looked to see if Nick's car was in the driveway. His car was gone, so that meant he had gone to see his manager. Sighing, Amanda was a little worried. Nick had been up all night and had not eaten either. She figured he would sleep once he came home.

"Baby, aren't you tired?" Amanda asked as she saw him falling asleep at the computer in their office.

"No, I'm just waiting for this conference call. I have to record more tonight." Nick said with a yawn. He put on a smile for her but his head was hurting him, his body ached. Nick felt his stomach churning as he shifted in the chair.

"You should take a nap. You look really tired." Amanda suggested. She hated when Nick pretended to be fine when in reality he wasn't at all. Amanda could see the circles under his eyes and that he was pale.

"Baby, I will be ok." Nick promised, smiling once more as the phone rang. Amanda knew better than to interrupt him so she left the room. Nick was in the studio again that night but came to bed and lay next to her, his stomach growling and churning. He knew he should have eaten but his body wanted him to sleep. Nick lay next to Amanda, putting his arms around her as she slept. Nick knew she felt him, as a smile crept upon her face.