Chapter 43

Mikey's POV

Today was just an ordinary day of school. Well it was, until the end of the day. There was an announcement that said that prom would be in just under two weeks!

Everyone started to freak out. Ten days until prom! I don't know if I'll be going with anyone, but I'm really looking forwards to it.

Once we got home, that's all we were talking about. "I'm gonna ask Hannah to go with me," Raph said.

"I'm going with Karai," Leo said.

"Obviously," I said. Leo and Karai have been dating for almost nine months now!

"Are you going with anyone?" Karai asked me.

"I don't know yet, we'll see." I replied.

"Do you even like anyone?" Raph asked.

I had to think for a moment. "Not really, or at least I don't think I do," I answered not entirely sure if I did or not.

"Are you going to ask Brenna out?" Raph asked Donnie.

"Why would I ask her out if I don't even like her?" Donnie asked getting frustrated with him.

"I don't know, maybe because you do like her," Karai replied.

"I don't get it, why does everyone think I like her?" Donnie asked raising his voice.

"Maybe because you do," I said. I had to get into this.

"BUT I DON'T!" Donnie said nearly yelling. "You guys can talk about this while I go to my room and do something that doesn't evolve my brothers annoying me," he announced.

"Like go talk to Brenna?" Leo asked quietly.

"Shut up Leo!" Donnie called from upstairs.

I don't think Donnie was meant to hear that, but he somehow managed to.

"Now that we're done bugging Donnie for now, what do we do?" Raph asked getting bored already.

"I don't know," Karai said.

We all sat around in the TV room just watching TV. Some show about this family's life was on. I'm not too sure what it's called, but it isn't that great. If it were up to me, we'd be watching cartoons.

Since they were watching that show, I decided to leave. I went to my room and was going to play on my phone.

I picked up my phone and saw I had missed a few calls and got a voicemail. It was not from who I was expecting it to be from. It was from Sidney, my ex...

I didn't want to listen, but at the same time I wanted to. I picked up my phone and was about to listen to it. I had to hear what she had to say, wither or not it was a good idea.

I clicked the button and listened to it
"Hey Mikey it's me. I hope you're not still mad at me and if you are I hope you can forgive me. I want to talk to you, so when you can please phone me back."

She left it to that. Why did she want to talk to me? What did she want to talk to me about? I was confused. Should I call her? Maybe I should. Or maybe not.

I stared at my phone. I knew if I didn't answer it I'd regret it, but if I did, I might regret it more. I went with my gut. I picked up my phone, and dialled her number...

It rang. My heart started to pound. Was this a good idea? Should I just have ignored it?

It rang five more times before she finally answered. "Hello?" Sidney asked.

That's when I started to regret this. I miss her. I just got over her, but talking to her is just going to make me miss her more.

"Hi, it's uh...it's me Mikey," I said regretting this.

"I want to talk to you about something," she said.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked.

"I don't know any other way to say it but..." she started saying but just stopped there.

"Say what?" I asked her.

"I...I want to get back together," she told me.

I was shocked. I wasn't expecting this. I didn't know what to tell her. Yeah I want to get back together with her, but she broke my heart last time. I broke up with her because she said she didn't have time for me. What happens of she does that again? It was a hard break up, and I wouldn't be able to go through another one.

"Sidney, I don't know if that's a good idea," I said in a soft voice. "It was hard on me, and I sure it was hard on you too," I explained.

"This time it'll be different."

"I don't know Sidney, I don't know if I'm ready to date again," I said trying not to be mean.

"Mikey I miss you," she said.

This made it hard. I miss her too, but I'm not sure if she really does. She was the one who stopped talking to me, so does she really?

"I'm sorry Sidney, but no," I said and left it to that.

"Oh okay, I understand," she said sounding sad.

I felt bad, but I just couldn't break up with her again. "Bye," I said.

"Yeah, see you," she said and hung up.

I put my phone down and just laid down. I shouldn't have phoned her back. I just had gotten over her, and now I'll have to get over her again.