Gotta Love That Woman

Chapter 8- Gotta Love That Woman

LOGAN HUNT

Logan was driving his very favorite black Lamborghini to his company.

He stopped at the signal. Damn. He hit the steering wheel. He was already late for his 10'o clock meeting since his mother had called him in the morning because a little birdy told her that he had spent a day drinking alcohol.

His dad had just grumbled about how a Glenlivet should be savored and not just gulped down.

He winced as he remembered his mother yelling and threatening him about her coming to stay at his place.

Cassandra Hunt believed that no matter what, her children should call her everyday even if it's just to say hi.

She would call over everybody on a particular Sunday, every month.

Logan had no problem with her coming over, except that she would pamper him like a five year old kid. And he would be the laughing stock of his two younger brothers, Sean and Dan.

Logan waited for the signal to turn green.
As it turned green, Logan wasted no time as he put his car in gear and drove the rest of his way at a speed, that if there would've been an officer, he sure would've pulled him aside.

Logan parked his car in the parking lot. As soon as he got down, he had an incoming call.

"Hunt" He answered in his bluetooth device that was in his ear.

"Mr. Hunt. Mr. Miles is here."

"Show him to my office. And is everyone ready for the meeting?"
"Yes Mr. Hunt."

"Thank you Myra. I'll be there in five." He clicked off.

Logan gave out a huge sigh before he schooled his expressions to I-am-your-boss expression.

Logan quickly called Dave, his best friend.

"Where are you, cousin?"

No hellos or how are yous. Dave Miles was direct. And the man had traveled to New York, all the way from Sydney, Australia. And Logan hated that he had to make his best friend wait.

"I am on my way to a meeting. If you want you can go to my place."

"Nah. How about I wait here. I am not in a hurry."

"Sure. I'll meet you as soon as the meeting's over."

The meeting went fairly well. The construction of his hotel would start in a few weeks.

He walked into his office and found Dave sitting in his chair.

"What are you doing on my laptop?"

Logan stood behind his friend who was playing Solitaire on his laptop.

"I was bored." He said.

"So what makes you come here all the way from Australia.?" Logan sat on one of the chairs.

"Vacations, my friend"

"Can doctors take vacations?"

Dave looked at Logan as if he lost his mind.

"I mean don't you have patients all the time." He corrected himself.

"I am not the only cardiologist."

"Okay, then. You need a place to stay?"

" Yes. Because as much as I love your mother, she is pampering me like a five-year old."