Alexis Beckett : Logan Hunt's Girlfriend

Chapter 23 - Alexis Beckett : Logan Hunt's Girlfriend

ALEXIS BECKETT

She wanted to help Logan. He would be successful in what he was doing.

But how would she help. If she offered him money, he'd be offended. He'd even throw a tantrum like a five year old, what with his ego getting hurt and all.

She was sure she would come up with something.

For a moment, she asked herself why would she care so much for Logan.

Maybe you are falling...

She hated that her conscience had showed her that she was already in too deep with him.

She had went along with him to show him that there's nothing between them instead of lust. That they were just amazingly good at sex.

But then she found herself trying to know more about him. Logan maybe an open book but he certainly had hell of a burden on his shoulders.

Lexi knew that even if her fashion house didn't work out, she had enough money to open up a new business. Hell, she had enough money, that she need not work till she died.

Logan on other hand was in too deep. Even if he earned billions, he would just pour all his money in his business.

And she couldn't see his downfall when he was struggling so hard.

Damn, she was in love with him. The only thing she dreaded had finally happened.

And that just made her grouchy.

For now she just wanted to be with him so she pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

But one thing that was constantly on her mind was  caffeine .

"Stop. Stop." She screeched as she saw a diner pass by.

"What?" He asked as he stepped down on the brake a little too hard.

"There was a small diner, back there. Put it in reverse."

Logan sighed. "You are going to be the death of me, woman"

"You're right. I would strangle you right here, right now if I don't get my coffee." She jumped down before he could even put the car in reverse.

She walked to the diner and pushed the door open. It was almost noon so it wasn't filled much. A couple here, a family there. And a few loners hanging around.

She took a seat and a waiter came by.

"How can I be of service to you, ma'am?" He asked.

She shook her head. "Café latte, no sugar."

"Anything else, ma'am"

The door opened with a ding and she saw Logan making his way towards her, annoyance stamped on his face.

"Yeah, get me a glass of ice water too."

"You got it." He walked away as Logan slid in his seat.

"Couldn't you wait for a few minutes?"

"Nope" she answered as she looked around the diner. Anywhere, but at him.

"What just happened?"

"Huh?" Her gaze snapped back to his.

"We were talking and laughing and then suddenly you are avoiding me."

"I am not." She murmured.

The waiter came by and placed her coffee and ice water in front of them.

"Just water?"

"The way the anger was pouring off of you, I thought I would have to douse you in water."

The corner of his lips pulled up in an amused smile. He forgot the topic as they later ordered a plate of burgers and fries.

"Damn, I didn't know I was so hungry." Logan groaned as he swiped the last fry and popped it in his mouth.

She just smiled at him.

The got back in the car.

"This seems pointless. Atleast tell me where do you want to go?" Logan turned to her.

"I... have no idea."

He just stared at her. "You just wanted to drive to nowhere."

"Anywhere but home." She stared ahead not quite looking at him.

With a sigh he looked straight ahead. She looked at him.

He was already on his cell phone sifting through something.

"Myra, let Terry know I am coming. Tell him to clear the presidential suite for me."

And clicked off before this Myra could even speak.

He took a u-turn and sped off in the other direction.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"My creation."

  ********

"It's beautiful." She was awed by the beauty of it as she stood in the balcony and glanced at the skyline.

"I know, right?" He rested his chin on her shoulder as he stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

It seemed as if they were some married couple as she stood there in his embrace.

One day. She would give him one day.

And then she'd be back to ignoring him as she would count the days to her show which she hadn't even planned about.

"Have I lost you already?" Logan murmured

"No. I am still here, right?"

"Yes, but I can already feel you retreating in your own shell."

She just looked out not wanting to say anything, anymore.

"You agreed to give us a chance. Are you having second thoughts? "

"I don't want to think of anything else. Just today. With you. C'mon, give me a tour of this lovely hotel of yours."

Logan didn't say anything for a moment. It seemed as if he wanted to argue but let ot go as he sighed and guided her put the suite with a hand on the small of her back. 

They went downstairs.

He showed her the dining area, the pool, the tennis court, the gym. He even introduced her to the manager.

"Lexi, this is Terry. The manager of this beautiful hotel."

"Hi." She said meekly. What was he going to introduce her as?

"Terry, this is Lexi. My girlfriend." he said without hesitation.

At the word girlfriend, Lexi's head whipped aside to glare at Logan. But his wide smile blindsided her.

Terry gave her a fake smile that said he did not believe Logan.

Her eyes narrowed. She did not like the way Terry was looking at her. She wanted to plow his face.

But first she had to take care of Logan. Even though she loved that title.

Alexis Beckett : Logan Hunt's girlfriend.

Had a nice ring to it.

Oh shit. That plan of hers of staying away from Logan was going down the gutter.

********

Vote and Comment

- Nami