Leave It To Me

Chapter 29 - Leave It To Me

ALEXIS BECKETT

"Lexi-"

Lexi stopped her with a glare.

"I don't want to know anything about him. You can marry and spent the rest of your lives doing whatever you want."

"But please -"

"Sydney. Get this. I. Don't. Care." She snapped.

Lexi was known to keep her cool, no matter what.

One mistake. She did one mistake. And suddenly her emotions were out of control.

With a deep breath she tried to compose herself.

"I called you here to talk about your contract."

Sydney's eyes widened. "You're replacing me."

"What? No." Lexi frowned at her. "Will you shut up and listen?"

Sydney nodded.

"So. You're marrying him next Sunday right?" At Sydney's nod, she continued. "Okay. Now, I won't be replacing you or anything. I didn't include any clause that says you cannot marry. . I just wanted to know how many weeks you'll need?"

"For what?"

"You're getting married." Lexi emphasized on the word married.

"So?"

Lexi slapped a hand to her forehead.

"Won't you need time with your... "she trailed off as she couldn't bring herself to call him another woman's husband. Then she mentally shook the thought. It was happening. Period.

"Won't you need time after ..." she again trailed off and expectantly looked at Sydney to catch up with her.

"After?" Sydney prompted with an innocent look.

"Are you going to make me spell it out?" She snapped.

Sydney laughed.

"Gosh. You two are so stubborn. And dumb too."

"Alexis, you got to stop doing this."

Lexi raised an eyebrow.

"You get angry then you blame the problem on someone and then you try to deal with it. It isn't supposed to be like this."

Lexi's wall came crumbling down.

Tears threatened to spill

"What am I supposed to do, Syd? We had an amazing time together. Five days. I hoped for more. And the day I decide to tell him how much he meant to me, he decided to leave me and marry you."

"Lexi, he thinks he failed everybody. Especially you. It's killing him."

"You know, I saw him standing on the balcony, his posture tensed. I asked him what was wrong. He said that he'd handle it. Is this his way of handling it? Pushing me away and marrying you?"

"Lexi, he lost everything. The board doesn't trust him to bring any financial stability to the company. His father had no other choice than to do this."

"This is not his choice?"

"This was never his choice."Sydney gave her a small smile.

Lexi sat back processing everything Sydney said. Why didn't he tell her this? And the whole time he was with her, his mind had been somewhere else.

Rage overtook her.

"That stupid bastard."she snarled.

"You." She pointed a finger at Sydney. "You're not going to marry him."

"Uh-okay." Sydney nodded her head vigorously.

She stomped her way down to the parking lot of the building with Sydney hot on her heels.

"Lexi, stop"

Lexi didn't answer. She slid in the driver's seat and waited for Sydney to get in.

Once she was, Lexi pulled the car out of the parking lot and straight to his condo.

********

"Lexi, what are you-"

She slapped him, before he could complete his question.

"What the -"

"That's for breaking my heart."

She slapped him again

"And that's for making me cry."

Logan looked much sober now.

She was so angry that she wanted to punch him, kick him and then kiss the hell out of him.

Sydney had a key and she had let her in.

Logan was sprawled on the couch. Empty bottles everywhere.

She woke him up by pouring a glass of water on his face.

The moment he saw her she had let out a string of curses at him. And then slapped him.

"I guess you heard?" He aaid as he looked past her, at Sydney.

"I heard about it a week ago."

"Why are you here?" He rubbed a hand on his face.

"I am here to slap some sense in you. Why couldn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what?" He roared. "Tell you that I failed. That I couldn't handle it. That nobody trusts me. That I don't think I can do anything at all."

He slumped back on the couch.

Her heart broke at that sight.

She knelt down in front of him and placed a comforting hand on his thigh.

"All you had to do was tell me that there were things troubling you."

"And risk losing you." He added and shook his head.

"Babe, I don't think you succeeded in not losing me."

"Another failure."

Lexi wanted to groan. Damn, but this had taken quite a hit to his self esteem.

"You haven't failed anyone. All you had to do was talk to me. You could've told me this instead of leaving me all alone at the suite, waiting for you."

"I am sorry for that."

"Well, babe, I am going to make you grovel for what you did? Hell you made me cancel the reservations I made that night. You also cost me a dress that is now wrinkled and stained with maskara."

"You made reservations?"

"Technically, Tessa did. She's my assistant after all."

"I-"

"Shut up. Now you should know that I am very angry with you. I think I am going to make you work for it for one whole month."

"But I am getting m-"

"I didn't tell you to speak."she cut him.

She stood up. "You. "she pointed at Sydney. "Call your manager. Tell her that you're going on a vacation. You and her. I'm paying for it."

"But where?" Sydney asked.

"Mexico. Paris. Spain. Venice. Anywhere. I don't care. But you're going for one week."

"Sweet." Sydney clapped her hands and then whooped.

"Now who's the CFO of your company?" She turned to Logan

"Sean. Why?"

"I need to know how bad is it before I come up with a solution."

"What are you going to do?"

"I am going to clear out this mess."

Logan frowned at her.

"How?"

"That you leave it to me. All you need to think right now is what you can do to make me trust you again."

********