What's That

Chapter 22 - What's That

LOGAN HUNT

As soon as she had said that, Logan all but ran to his room for a quick shower.

Yeah, that shower turned to an hour long shower as Lexi thought it would save time to shower together. Although her sultry tone indicated something else.

They drove in his Aston Martin, to Lexi's place first.

Damn but it was still crowded with paparazzi.

As he came to a stop, she suddenly called someone called Gavin.

His blood raced fast in anger. Why did she need to call another man right now?

A bulk of a man dressed in all black seemed to tear through the throng of the paparazzi.

"What's that?" Logan narrowed his gaze.

She slapped his chest and said "Your question isn't right? You should ask who's that. And to answer your question that's my bodyguard. Just until I find a new house."

"They are paparazzi, not serial killers."

"Yeah, that should explain why one of them broke my window."

"Shit."

"Well, babe, shit doesn't even begin to cover it. Tessa's getting stalked. I don't want her getting hurt just because I suddenly decided to go public."

"Do you want me to come with you?" his lips thinned as people started surrounding his car with the cameras.

"Stay inside. Stay hidden." She gave him a chaste kissed and was out the door before he could even blink.

Gavin was a mountain of muscle who was intimidating as hell. One look from the guy would have these hounds pissing in their pants.

Logan thrummed his fingers on the steering wheel to the song of Sugar. And then Radioactive and all of me and what you did last summer. One song rolled into another until Logan couldn't help but fidget in his seat due to impatience.

He just was about to step out when Lexi strode out through the way the paparazzi made for her.

She had changed into tank top, ripped boy shorts and combat boots. She had just shrugged a leather jacket around her shoulders, the sleeves hanging beside her arms. Her hair was tied in a french braid at the side and over her shoulder. She slipped in as fast as she could and just said "Drive"

For a moment Logan just stared at her.

Lexi was always either in floor length gowns or a knee length dress or her business suit . He had even seen her in her sweatpants and a baggy sweatshirt.

Never had he seen her in something so casual. And damn it all to hell, she looked sexier than ever before.

With a finger she jerked his chin up shutting his now open mouth

"As much as I love that you're giving me this hot look, I would love to get away from these info-seeking monsters."

Logan cleared his throat and put the car in gear.

"Where to?" He asked in a voive he didn't even know was his own. Was that husky voice really his?

"Just keep driving north. We'll see where to as we proceed."

As they were on highway driving to particularly nowhere, she lifted her fastrack aviators and looked at him.

"You know there's a lot of things I really don't know about you."

"We just had our own flashbacks in the morning." Logan said but kept his eyes on the road.

"That doesn't tell me what you like, what you hate and etcetera etcetera."

"Touché, sugar."

"Okay, so I'll start. Favorite colour?"

"Green"

"You do not have to be so cheeky."

"What?" He said as he tried to stifle his smile. When she continued to glare he gave her a smile and said, "oh c'mon. Maybe I just like the colour."

"Maybe it has to do something with my eyes?" She stated more than asked.

"Maybe. Now tell me yours."

"Black." She answered and he heaved a sigh, dramatically.

"And here I thought-"

"Shut up. I like the colour because it melds with every other colour." She cut him mid-sentence.

"A fashion designer through and through."

"I would've punched you if you weren't driving."

"Whoa grumpy, what got your panties in a twist suddenly?"

"I need my coffee." She grumbled.

"You had one just two hours ago."

"See if we can find a cup somewhere. I am addicted to caffeine." She confessed.

"Okay. How about we keep asking questions to get your mind off of your caffeine need?"

She nodded quietly.

"Okay. So what dishes do you like."

"Anything that Kayla cooks. Other than that, anything that is Italian."

"Hmmm. Chinese." He said as he pointed a thumb to himself.

"You can cook?"

"Yep. Mom made sure I can. All the three of us can."

"Tell me about your brothers."

"Sean is just three years younger than me. Middle child. That boy lived for football. After suffering from too many concussions and a warning from doctor, he had to give up. But the guy loved numbers. For the first few months after he left football, he just sat in his room looking lost. But damn was that kid smart. He was already on his way to masters in mathematics before we could even decide what we wanted to do in future."

He turned his head to the side to see that Lexi had twisted in uer seat, facing him and listening intently.

Never had he ever met a woman who wanted to know him. It was either about money or about fame or about a quick fuck.

He smiled at her and continued, "Daniel is the youngest. A complete nerd. He was so into books. If you wanted to find Dan go to the library. He'd be there reading books. He loves history. He became an archaelogist He's currently in Spain. I am so proud of my brothers."

"I know. I can clearly hear the pride when you talk about them." She laid a hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"That's why I need to make this work. I need to make this company work. I convinced them to invest their money when they could've just pursued their own dreams. I need to prove myself to them."

"Don't worry you'll be just fine."

"What if I won't.." his voice cracked at the end

"Then you just trust me."

Logan didn't get what she meant by that cryptic answer.

But he sure as hell knew that finally he had someone to share his worries with.

*******

Heya guys.

I won't be able to update for this week anymore. I'll update as soon as my exams over.

Don't forget to vote

-Nami