Sorry For Everything

Chapter 20- Sorry For Everything

LOGAN HUNT

Logan laid down on the couch, his head in her lap while Lexi ran her hand through his tousled locks.

She had been silent for nearly an hour now. He knew she was contemplating as to whether to tell him everything or not. And just like he did with his every other friend, he wanted to give her space. Infact he should've told her to take her time.

But the fact that he knew little about Lexi and he intended to know more about her, had him fidgeting.

After a cup of coffee she had snuggled up on one corner of the couch. Logan had been sitting opposite to her for the last ten minutes. And he didn't want to lose her to the past as she had a very far away look.

Now here he was lying down, his head on her lap for the last fifteen minutes and she hadn't even begun.

Before he could just open his mouth to urge her to confess, she began.

" I was thirteen when mom and died in a car crash. After that I was sent to foster homes. It was the worst time of my life. I mean some were good. But others were just so bad..." she trailed off

Logan took her hand in his and threaded his fingers with her. He rested their hands on his chest where his heart was beating.

She smiled at him and continued,
"Once I turned eighteen, I found a lawyer at the doorstep. He said that I had inherited all of my grandfather's estate. And I even inherited the company."

"Grandfather?"

"Hunter Remington."she answered and Logan's jaw dropped.

"The Hunter Remington. Of Remington Aeronautics?"

"Yep. The guy died and left me everything. Along with his diary."

"According to the diary, Christina, his daughter and my mother was supposed to marry some guy named Ryan who would one day run his company. But she loved Kevin, my father. Since dearest grandpa didn't approve of Kevin and his background as he was just a simple professor."

Lexi took a deep breath. He wanted to stop her and tell her that it was enough for now.  But as he watched her anguish, he pushed the thought away and let her get it all out of her chest.

"You know what he wrote I hate her for what she did to me. She left me to face everybody, alone. I'd never forgive her. I should've known that a girl would never be what I wanted. It should've been a boy. It hurt to read what he thought about his own daughter. I don't know whether he was a good man or a bad.

"All I know is that his anger receded gradually. But he never accepted her for what she did to him. She wasn't allowed to even see her parents much less pull them close in a hug."

"At the end all he wrote was I should've been there. Should've been with her. I am the worst father much less a grandfather."

"It dated just a day after my parents died."

"Why didn't he take you in?" Logan interjected

"As much as I would like to I'd better stay away from my granddaughter before I poison her life and lead her to her death. It's all my fault. All my fault.  That was his last entry"

She must've read it hundreds of time because she seemed to remember every word of what must've been written in the diary.

"There was a small note that said  I have this one chance to right the wrong. I am sorry for everything."
"I didn't want to use the money but the lawyer said that he died with a wish to see his granddaughter but the lawyer couldn't find her fast enough. He said that I should at least honor his wish and take the money, plus I wanted that money to run away from my drunk foster parent."

"So I took the money and built my empire as soon as I was done with my education."

"When does Tessa come in?"

"Tess." She smiled.

" I was nineteen and a billionaire. So I bought a small house, you know where I live right?" She continued as he nodded " Tess was just fourteen. Her dad had left without a word and her mom was a complete druggie.She died of overdose on Tessa's birthday.

"For a year Tess would come to my place to hide. I had found her one day in a park, crying. So I took her home and told her that we could be friends, it took a lot of tries but she finally opened up. As she was being dragged to orphanage, I quickly made the papers for adoption. You don't know how much, money can speed a process."

And then she smiled as she remembered that Logan himself was the owner of a billion dollar company.

"As I had the basic necessities covered up and also money to throw around, they approved and then Tessa became the sister I never had."

"Hmmm."

"What?"

"That's a lot to go through at a young age."

"Yeah. Maybe that is why I adopted Tess. I couldn't let her go through what I went all that time. I think I saw some part of myself in her"

"You remember all those words he wrote.  How many times have you read the diary?"

"Quite a couple times." She heaved a sigh.

She ran her hand through his hair,"I don't know why I suddenly feel... light."

"Thank you" he said softly.

"For sharing this with me."

Lexi smiled and just nodded.

"Since we are sharing life stories..."

********
Thank you for your votes
Keep voting lovelies

-Nami