Chapter 3- New and Numb

I looked down now just to remind myself that, oh yeah, Hazel was sleeping on my chest.

She was beautiful there. The bright light that was smaller that a feint line, reflected off her face.
Boy was she pretty.

Her eyes are fluttering open
"Morning sunshine!" I say, rather perky for my usual tone that sound s like I wanna kill you.

"Morning Nico, honey."

SHE CALLED ME HONEY!
"How was our sleep?" She asked,
"Filled to the brim with nightmares!"

We laughed at my attempt at scaring her.

"Your funny." She said even though I didn't know what she was on about or that I was funny, cause I sure didn't try to be.

"Thanks." I said, staring stupidly into her mystical eyes, she stared back... Boy was this weird, and yet boy oh boy that was wonderful in my books or in anyone's books to be honest

So I did the stupid thing.

I lunged forward to kiss her, to kiss Hazel.

I kissed my sister, basically.

As I pulled away for breath she said
"But we are brother and..."

I cut her beautiful voice off "Pluto and Hades aren't the same person remember?"
I think I won.

"You win." She whispered before diving back in to kiss me, this time.

Percy's point of view...
"What is going on?" I finally blurted out, thankfully it was just me and Annabeth there.

"I don't know, in fact I know as much about it as you do seaweed brain."

She walked over to my bed, since we were in my bedroom, and sat down, in deep thought.

"Maybe it's a sign! Maybe there's another force to battle and we need their powers!" Annabeth said all excited, probably since its been a long while since she was on a quest herself .

"It couldn't be."

"It's the gods, anything could be!"

"Right, the gods... Let's check with Artemis! I'll go and give her an iris message." I said

And off I went.

During the iris message
"Artemis?" I asked "I have something important to ask you."

Artemis got a little angry "Really? Well me and the amazons have some really important stuff too, you know?" She had a scowl on her face.

Annabeth walked up to me, to talk to Artemis with me.
"Well this... This is gonna concern you."So?" She said

"Do you have a daughter? A daughter name Kayla?"

Her face went white, whiter than snow, which is only slightly whiter then Nico's.

"Well, um, what do you two know?" She asked, shaking scarily, as if she'd seen a first row seat murder.

"She, Kayla, arrived here, not too long ago and said her mum was Artemis. She was apparently a brain child, or was she?" I asked

"Don't push your luck Jackson."

I took a breath, I needed to do this for Kayla an for Chiron who was worrying over her and mine and Annabeth's new sibling, Chelsea.

We didn't need this.

"Tell us! We saved the world! Don't we deserve an answer? And what about Kayla? Isn't she the one who really deserves an explanation, Artemis?" She snarled.

I'm gonna die.

"Fine, Jackson. It was a few years back, I was out with my hunters, the amazons and I decided I wanted a change of scenery, and there it was! The biggest building ever, so I went to go see, then realized it was an ancient castle where a photographer just happened to be taking photos."

She took a breath, probably after letting this out after years and years

"He was really cute..." She carried on "and we went out, on a date, he was so different from all the gods, he cared about me! and well, I guess since we couldn't, um, mate my body decided to make a brain child with our memories not too long after I left and I never saw him again, and I would be a laughing disgrace for having a child!" She shouted

"So, um, she's...?" Artemis was on a warpath but I had to remember, for Kayla. I was facing a goddess for poor little scared Kayla who was in a strange place with really strange Aphrodite girls in a really fluffy, pink Cabin.

"So Kayla is your child?"
It looked as if Artemis had now calmed down.

"Yes, Kayla is my brain child."

I thought for a second

"Would you like to meet her? Meet your daughter Kayla?"

Artemis shook her head " now, tonight, hold a campfire tonight but I would like to be the one to break the news, got it Jackson?"

I nodded furiously, scared she'd kill me otherwise.

Nico's point of view...
You had to admit, it was ok here in the dungeon, with Hazel here of course.

She'd been having a nap. Trying to get her mind off things, so I gently kissed her forehead "You still ok, Hazel?" She slowly lifted her head up off my lap,

I moved in to kiss her, softly.

I pulled away
"Guess I'm not gay."

"I knew you weren't, too good o a kisser, Percy doesn't know what he's missing out on." And we kissed again.

"What a grotesque sight!"

It was Persephone, standing age cellar door, staring at us like rodents or misfits, or brother and sister kisser, which we technically weren't.

"Wait until your father hears about this!" She laughed

"Oh really?" I said "Wait until father hears about you and Apollo!"