Chapter 85: Baby, Be Mine

Michael's Point of View

I've had a hard time sleeping, I don't know if it's just me, or what's been going on between Charlotte and I. Plus, her quiet sobs are not helping either...I want to comfort her so bad, but there's this emptiness in my heart, that's blocking my feelings for her. I just feel numb.

"C-Charlotte, are you sure you're going to be alright?" I ask, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Y-Yeah, I'm going to be okay...Just got a lot on my mind" She says, looking the other way...

"Baby, please tell me what's on your mind..." I say, taking a deep sigh "I want to help you, well I want to help us...Do you still have feelings for him? Just be real with me"

She looks down in silence and starts "N-No, I don't think so," She sniffles "It's just, he's so alone, plus he has two children to take care of by himself, and it really must be hard for him too. I just want to help him, but I guess you have trouble understanding that I want to help him.."

I sigh and close my eyes "I know you want to help him, I do, but it's just--" I say, taking a long sigh "It broke my heart when you told me that you were at the movies with Cameron instead of going to the circus with us...My heart's still broken, even though I don't show it..." Then a tear rolls down my cheek, my heart really is broken..I can feel it.

"Baby," Charlotte says, wiping my tear and hugging me "I love you, Michael, I really do. B-But, sometimes you have to know that you're not the only one in this world.."

I freeze, and look at her. How can she say that? What the hell? "Are you being fucking serious right now? I know I'm not the only one in this world, Oh I think I know that, honey. But it's you who has trouble understanding that, everything has to be about you, you, you. You only think about yourself, you're over here saying all of this bullshit and you don't even know how I'm feeling. Everybody wants to get me down, everybody wants my money, sex and power. Nobody feels sorry for poor Michael, even though I may act like I'm fine, I'm fucking not!" I yell, tears streaming down my cheeks...

"I don't want your money! I don't want your sex! I don't want your power! I want love, Michael! That's all I fucking want! I want to love you and you to love me back, those other three things doesn't mean anything to me! I want love and I know you want love too!! I'm trying, okay? But you are not! I never cheated on you with Cameron, I did in the past because I was a stupid, immature teenager. I want to stay with you, so I guess I can't go out with my guy friends or have any fun, I guess. I have to stay in this house locked up like a prison..if that's what I gotta do then fine...I'll stay locked up in this house! You know why? Because I'll do anything to make you happy!" She yells back, tears rolling down her cheeks.

With all the noise were making, I'm surprised Jessica or the twins aren't woken up...Well, it's 2 a.m in the morning, and I'm sure I'm not going to bed right now, *sighs* I hate crying, I haven't felt like this in forever now, I guess the pain had to come sooner or later.

I get up and walk to the bathroom, before I go in, I say "Oh and, don't even think about trying to commit suicide again, because I'm not going to be there to save you this time.." and I close the door behind me.

This whole thing is fucked up, I wish I could just drown in my own tears right now. I'm breaking down right now, and I'm fighting to hold on, I wish I could be fine, I may act like I am but I'm freaking not, and that's what Charlotte doesn't get. She thinks she's the only one that can feel sad, angry, and not fine, but that's all wrong because I can feel those emotions too. I wish I could be okay again, but I guess wishes don't come true like we want them too.