Chapter 97: Christmas Eve

Charlotte's Point of View

Well, that was unexpected...Cameron and I basically got into an argument, and we had never gotten into one apart from when he cheated on me with Lily, and that was like..maybe seven years ago? But who keeps count anyway? That was in the past. Well, today is Christmas Eve and today has been a good day apart from what happened today; the wedding and the argument. I hope today will get so much better because I really want everyone to have a good Christmas Eve, especially Sarah, Daryl and Jessica. It's her first Christmas, and I want it to be the best first Christmas she'll ever experience. I can't believe I still had the engagement ring that Cameron gave to me seven years back, I was going through my things earlier today, and it just fell out of my closet. I never knew I had that ring, I thought I burned it, or threw it away right after he cheated on me. The ring brought back a lot of good memories; memories only Cameron and I know about. It made me happy, you know? But, that's over now and it's time to fully move on.

Right now, it's about 5:50 p.m, and we've started cooking our Christmas Eve dinner, I already invited everyone; Lindsay and her family, Katherine and Joseph, I also invited Cameron and his new little family, and Julian, of course. They should be here around 7:00 p.m, so that gives me about an hour and ten minutes to get ready. Michael is doing most of the cooking, he volunteered to cook tonight, and I'm glad he did. I help him here and there, but he has everything under control. What I'm most worried about is getting the kids' ready for when the guests come.

"Sarah, Daryl!" I call out their names sweetly as I start to clean up the living room. I put their toys away in their basket as Sarah and Daryl come running down the hallway. They look up at me and give me the brightest smile I have ever seen, you could tell they are excited about tonight, their little innocent eyes describe it all, "I would like you guys to start cleaning up this mess, and then after you guys are done, you can go get ready for when the guests come. Sounds good?" They nod excitedly as they start to pick up their toys. I shake my head and chuckle to myself as I start to walk upstairs to get their clothes out of their closets. Daryl will be wearing a white shirt with some black pants, a very elegant outfit and Sarah would be wearing a light blue dress with machine flats. As for my little baby, Jessica, she will be wearing a pink dress with machine shoes. They are going to look so adorable in them.

I finish putting their clothes on their beds', so I go off to my bedroom - where Jessica is sleeping peacefully - I look at her in disbelieve, she's growing up so fast, and just yesterday I was holding her in my arms at the hospital. Time really goes by fast. I quickly walk to Jessica's closet and pick out the pink dress she is going to wear tonight as I start to hear quiet yawns coming from Jessica's crib. Well, she's awake now. I head over to her crib, and lift her up in my arms - rubbing my nose against her's carefully - I carry her into the bathroom and take a quick shower with her. As soon as I finish getting Jessica all dressed up for tonight, I start to work on myself. Nothing fancy, just an elegant outfit; a regular midnight blue dress, with matching heels. I decided not to wear the dress I had before, because it just didn't fit with the occasion, so I decided to wear this one instead.

"Well," I said to myself as I looked at myself in the mirror. I run my hands down my side - examining my body - and I've got to admit, out of all the shit I've been through today, I think I look decent. I look at Jessica which is crawling all over the bed, getting the sheets all covered up in wrinkles. I pout at Jessica, gaining a little goofy smile from her lips. I smile at her and try to fix the mess she made. Once I'm done with that, we both go downstairs and into the kitchen - where Michael is trying to fix his tie while looking in the mirror - I chuckle to myself as I put Jessica on her highchair. I walk towards where Michael is and tap his shoulder playfully, he turns to look at me as his eyes widen. I blush a little and say "Let me help you with that," I fix his tie as I feel his soft lips on mine..my eyes widen as soon as his sensitive lips touch mine in a perfect lovable kiss. I pull away, as I feel Michael's hands on my hips - pulling me closer to him - he pecks my lips again and I find myself smiling again. It's been awhile since Michael and I shared a little moment like this, and the little things he does for me; kisses on the cheek, holding hands, forehead kisses, etcetera, are the things I find the most meaningful to me. He is just an angel sent from heaven just for me. And, I'm so lucky to have him all to myself.