20 - Avery's Feelings

"Guys, what the hell just happened?" Avery asked everyone.

Sergio groaned, "What the fuck Cristiano!"

"I'm sorry, It slipped off my mouth!" Cristiano defended himself.

"It doesn't matter anymore," Luka explained, "We're probably done."

"Why did Isco run off?" Avery thought.

Avery was still confused about what happened but she shouldn't ask now while Isco is the one she should be worrying about.

"I think someone should go look at Isco." Toni suggested.

"I'll go," Pepe offered, already walking to the stairs.

Everyone sat down in the couch and sighed in exhaustion.

Now that someone has taken care of Isco, Avery took the chance to ask questions.

"Is it okay if you guys tell me your secret?" Avery asked, emphasizing her last word.

The whole team looked at each other with a knowing look until Marcelo finally nodded a "yes".

"Yes," Raphael answered. "But we don't want you to take this wrongly."

Avery looked at him in confusion but still let him continue.

"We have been-"

"Wait I think I should say it." Cristiano popped up, interrupting Raphael while talking.

"Why?" Asked the French.

"Because I started this whole thing." Cristiano answered. Raphael and the others couldn't fight that fact so Cristiano spoke.

"I started this thing where I wanted to get you and Isco together." Cristiano confessed. The rest of the team looked down.

Avery was speechless because she didn't know what they were talking about.

"Do you get it now?" Marcelo asked.

"No, I don't." Avery quickly replied.

"Like seriously?" James raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah..."

"Wait, so you're seriously confused?" Sergio asked, making sure. Avery hummed a "yes".

"Shit." Sergio cussed.

"Okay, just tell her again," Luka suggested, "But more specifically."

Cristiano nodded and places both of his arms to Avery's two shoulders.

"I am saying that we, the team, wanted to make you and Isco a couple." Cristiano explained.

"Oh." Avery was suddenly left speechless. The rest forced an apologetic smile before looking down.

"But guys," The blonde girl started, making everyone look at her again, "I only see Isco as a good friend, nothing more."

Isco felt his heart drop when he heard Avery. He knew eavesdropping in a situation like this was a bad idea. He also knew that Avery doesn't like him more.

The Spaniard sat on his bed and held onto his head, letting few heartbreaking tears out.

"What?" Cristiano asked, with a barely hearable voice. Everyone also looked at Avery in pure sadness and disappointment. Not a sadness to her, but to Isco, and also a disappointment to themselves.

"How childish. . ." Avery said to everyone in disappointment. Everyone looked at her with confusion expressed on their faces.

"Cristiano, do you know how old you are?" The younger blonde asked the Portuguese.

"I am thirty years old." Cristiano answered.

"Then act like one!" Avery shouted. She walked to the front to face everyone on the team and continued.

"The immaturity level you guys are in right now is ridiculous." Avery stated, before going to her room, closing the door.

"We've fucked up big time." Sergio bit his lip.

"Oh really Sergio." Luka hissed. The other man rolled his eyes.

Cristiano groaned.

"Guys, we need to fix this." Marcelo popped up. Toni hummed.

"How do we?" Raphael asked the rest of his teammates. Everyone looked at each other and shrugged.

"I know!" James jumped from the couch.

"What is it James?" Luka asked the Colombian.

"We should ask for help from someone mature!"

"Are you serious right now." Marcelo asked James in disbelief.

"Yes, he is!" Cristiano agreed with James. "And I know the exact person who can help us."

***

"Hello, Gareth?" Cristiano asked through the phone. Marcelo chuckled in the background.

"Yes, Cristiano?" The welsh asked.

"Are you busy right now?" Cristiano worried, chewing on his lip.

"Why does it sound like Cristiano is nervous to ask Gareth on a date." Raphael joked, making everyone else laugh. Cristiano glared at Rapha while Toni snorted, trying to hold his laugh.

"Yes, I'm with Karim actually." Gareth replied.

"Does that mean you're busy then?" Cristiano asked again, making sure.

"He's jealous!" Sergio teased.

Luka, who has been holding his laughter, is now crying on Toni's shoulder. Marcelo fell off the couch with James while Sergio is crying laughter in the kitchen.

Cristiano had enough and pulled the phone away, "Shut up!"

Everyone was still laughing but stopped later on when they realized how serious Cristiano was.

No one likes angry Cristiano.

"Cris, you there?" Gareth asked through the cellphone, getting back everyone's attention again.

"Yeah," Cristiano said. "What did you say again?"

"I said that Karim and I can go to whatever you're saying." Gareth replied.

"Oh okay, meet us at the mansion." Cristiano said his last words before ending the call.

Cristiano finally put his phone down and looked at the rest.

"Gareth and Karim is coming."

***

a/n: i apologize for the mistakes and the short chapter.