Day with E3: The Cat's MEOW

Marley’s POV

I opened the door to see Keaton, Wes, and Drew standing at my front door.

“Congrats Marley you won the contest!” they yelled holding a funny looking sign.

It was neon green manila-tag with the words ‘Congrats!’ spelt over the sign with glitter and glue. I wanted to laugh so bad because it had looked as if a grade one kid made it.

“Wow really?” I asked surprised but in a low disbelief.

“Are you upset you won?” Keaton asked confused.

“Oh No I’m really happy, I just can’t believe it” I said as the smile from his face seemed to shrink.

“OH DEAR LORD THEY ARE AT THE HOUSE! YOU WON; GET THE DOOR THEY ARE COMING!!!” Maya screamed running to the door.

She stopped in the middle of the floor and looked over to see the guys standing at the door.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!” she screamed jumping.

“I mean wow they are really here?!” she smiled embarrassed.

“Um nice to meet you, I’m Drew, this is Wes and…”

Maya cut him off.

“Oh I know; you don’t need an introduction!” she smiled going all fan girl once again.

The camera crew came to the door and started taking pictures. I felt like I looked like crap but Maya kept telling me I looked comfy and pretty like always.

“So Marley how does it feel to win?” the camera crew asked.

“Great but I’m still shocked!”

 After 30 minutes the camera crew left and it was just me, Maya, and the guys.

“Sooo, this is my home so make yourself as comfortable as you like” I suggested.

They gave me a hug one by one and sat on the couch.

I bit my lip and sat in the arm chair across from them. I was in sweat pants and they were all dressed up like usual. I felt awkward and confused on what to say or do. Maya ran upstairs to change and put on make-up, so I knew she would be down in an hour.

“So, how are you?” I asked.

“We’re good…” Keaton smiled.

“I can tell your nervous and awkward loosen up! Be yourself, here tell us your interests” Drew suggested sitting on the arm of the chair.

“Oh okay, well I love listening to music, playing COD on my X-BOX, going out for ice cream. I also love going swimming and riding my skateboard…”

“Wow your pretty cool, we should go skateboarding sometime this week” Keaton suggested.

“Cool, now who is that pretty girl upstairs? Is she your sister?” Drew asked crocking and eyebrow.

“No Maya is my friend; she’s a year older than me because her birthday is later in the year. So she’s 18 right now turning 19 in November.”

“Go on…” He smiled rubbing my shoulders.

I laughed “This is awkward, what are you doing?”

“Making you comfortable” he chimed in.

“Well I will make this clear, Maya is the school’s ‘Miss Ice Queen’ which is prom queen, and she’s also the prettiest girl there. She is also in the longest relationship at the school. She’s been going out for 4 years with the school star defence football player ‘Kyle Burn’ he is like the most loyal and hottest guy at our school…Nothing could break them up, he’s like Mr. Perfect.”