Love Don't Know What Distance Is...

Keaton’s POV

After bowling we stopped off at Marley’s sisters and picked up her stuff.

We all headed back to the house to see everything was packed up and ready to go. Drew had like 6 bags while Wes and I were bringing about 2 or 3 each. We were only leaving for 2 weeks so it’s not like we needed to pack the whole house. 

“Yo Marley, You gave Keaton a second chance!? That’s awesome; I was missing my 6am morning buddy!” Drew smiled giving her a hug.

“You get up at 6 now? When did that happen?” I asked him.

“When we got back from our tour, don’t you know anything!?”

I gave him a unimpressed look and took Marley to the balcony,

“I’m so happy you came back.”

“We’ll without you I’m not really myself anymore. We are just too close now… I have not even gone skating by myself for a whole month, it does not seem right without you anymore” she smiled resting her head on my shoulder.

“You’re pretty…”

“Thanks Keaton, You- you like cats” she giggled.

“So I’m not pretty?” I laughed.

“No you’re handsome, why did you just call yourself pretty, I thought you were a man?”

“I thought I was a boy but I guess I am a man” Drew sang poking his head out the door.

“Nice…” I muttered as Drew stuck his head back inside.

“You want to grab some ice cream or something?” she smiled taking my hand.

“I’ll grab my wallet.”

“I’ll grab our boards” she smiled giving me a soft peck on the cheek.

A few minutes later we were down by the boardwalk eating yoghurt and talking,

“The Cali weather is so much better than back home, we have snowboarding season pretty much 8 months of the year” she smiled holding my hand.

“Snowboarding is fun, you should be happy?”

“I hate snow now, I want to just live here forever but then I have to get all this shit to live here…”

“Hey maybe moving down to Cali would not be a bad idea? We could see each other a lot…” I smiled taking a bite of my array of different flavored yoghurt.

“Keaton I have to ask you something…” she frowned.

“Please don’t be breaking up with me again, we just got back together this morning” I said just a little nervous.

“Don’t worry I’m not breaking up with you. It’s just how are we going to make this work? We don’t even live in the same country? Sure it’s just Canada but that means I will hardly see you? What are we going to do when summer ends?”

“This is something I wish we could avoid; I just wish you could live here instead…” I muttered.

“Do you think a long distance relationship would work? I don’t want to lose you because of distance. I just need to finish school and I can do whatever after. I’m just afraid of losing you Keaton” she said as a few tears fell from her eyes.

“No don’t cry Marley, I love you and distance won’t keep us apart. Even if I have to fly down to meet you every two weeks I would do it. I love you and I’m not going to lose you, not now, and not like this” I reassured her wiping tears from her eyes.

“You would really do that?”

“Of course, now let’s just live in the moment okay?” I smiled giving her a small kiss.

“I love you Keaton” she smiled wrapped in my arms.

I kissed the top of her head and smiled as she just stood there.

My heart gave a little sigh as I hugged her, this time I knew it was real love. I may be only 17 but that does not mean I can actually find love like this, Marley is truly different. I really do mean I love her even though I’m young.