Please Come Back

"It's been a while since I heard that voice" I looked up at the voice coming from behind me I sighed "oh it's you" I got up from the floor and dusted off my pants "what do you want" he looked down hands shoved in his pockets "you know that kid with the pink hair who was taken a while back?" I looked at him scared of what he'll say next "he was my boyfriend and we fought because I cheated on him and we had gotten in a car accident while I was behind the wheel and he found out some things" I heard his voice crack "and uh he was in the hospital and he left at night I know he was outside because he loved the outdoors and I hung up on him, and now he's gone, I never got to apologize. Levi I have no one to talk to, I went to your house and your dad said you would be here" he broke down he covered his face with his hands. I pulled him into a hug. He's such an idiot. We were friends for as long as I remember until our freshman year when he fucked up and I had to fight someone and almost go to jail. "Hey, I don't know if you know but my boyfriend was one of the sophomores who was taken" I have no idea how I was able to bring up Eren so easily but judging by the way he looked at me he didn't know. He cried harder "I want to die" I've been down this road before "trust me, no you don't." He looked at me and I looked down at my arms where some of my cuts were showing he was a mess.

He looked down at my arms I could tell he was shocked. "Come on let's get you home" the car ride was silent were the same age but we both know I'm more mature. "How's Marci?" He was quiet for a while "still the same maybe even a bit worse" ok if he didn't want to talk then I'll respect that "why didn't you do it" I looked at him than back at the road "what kill myself ?" I was completely shocked "yeah" he still wasn't looking at me his gaze stayed out the window "I did try. Eren cheated on me with my close friend, Petra had just died and I had been shot I had nothing to live for so I locked the door and cut deep into my skin. The last thing I remember was hearing was Eren's scream then I blacked out" he looked at me, eyes red and face flushed "you actually.." He trailed off "yup I would have been dead too if Eren weren't there. That's why I believe he's not dead and he will come back" I hadn't noticed I believed that until I said it out loud he will come back, Alive.

Once I dropped off Marshall I told him if he ever needs anything he can call me just because we haven't talked in about two years doesn't mean I don't care. Once home my father wished me a happy birthday again and that basically completed my day. I had gone and showered then once out I grabbed the book of pictures Eren had gave me and I really looked through it in the middle of my process a note fell out. I opened it. Erens hand writing "dear Levi if your reading this then it means it's your birthday and you truly decided to look thought this book. As you read this I'm probably going to be right by your side blushing like an idiot so I just want to let you know that I love you so much and I will never stop and that nothing can separate us and even if we do get separated I know we will find our way back to one another so the longer I write the more cheesier it gets so happy birthday and I love you." I put the book back and climbed in bed I squeezed my eyes shut and grabbed at my sheets until my knuckles turned white. The actual screams came before the tears I covered my face as my body shook I could feel the screams get louder before I even heard them. Somewhere I know he's dead and I know he died alone and I was the last face he saw all these thoughts running through my mind I didn't know I was screaming and crying until my father came bursting through my door pulling me closer to him this was embarrassing but I couldn't stop.

Kenny began to shake me and then he hugged me. We haven't hugged in so long. I soon stopped after that and focused on my breathing. My head felt like it was going to explode. I need to get myself together and fast.

[Jean's P.O.V]

Armin tried to act his normal self all the way until winter break. I would go check on him every day just for a little. His mom said he doesn't eat or talk much unless I'm around so I'm glad I'm able to be some help. In the middle of our break I came over and had gone up to Armin's room. "Your hair is getting longer Jean" he said to me "Is that good or bad?" "Good, I like it that way" he smiled for the first time in what seems like forever. I smiled back and kissed him. After a couple of hours Armin said he was tired and wanted me to stay with him while he sleeps so I did. He fell as sleep on my chest as I watched T.V about twenty minutes later he started to breathe really hard and move around a lot. I shook him but he wouldn't wake I tried again then I realized "shit" I shook him more he opened his eyes and started to panic "Fuck Armin, you need to calm down" that probably made things worse he was breathing harder and now he was grapping at his throat. Mikasa wasn't here, she's never home anymore. I pulled out my phone and called an ambulance. "CARLA!" fuck what do I do? Armin has asthma and he kept his breathing machine under his bed. I jumped down and got it and hooked it up to his face. I put the medicine in and turned it on. I held his hand and he squeezed. His mother came thought the door and she looked so sleep deprived. "He was doing this in his sleep and when I woke him up it got worse I already called the cops. I don't know if his breathing machine will help him I don't know what to do during a panic attack" "Ok good thank you" she rushed over to Armin's side and grabbed his hand and removed it from where it was grabbing at his neck. "Ok Armin count with me One, Two Three" he tried to talk but he started crying which fucked up his breathing even more. The ambulance came quite quickly they took him to the hospital letting him mom go in with him. He didn't want to let go of my hand but he understood that if he didn't he might suffocate and die. I didn't notice I was shaking and crying a little until the ambulance drove off. "Shit Eren, please come back."