CHAPTER 22-Where Do Broken Hearts Go?

KATIE'S P.O.V.

1 year later...

I woke up from my bed with rays of sunshine hitting my face. It was the summer and it was getting really warm. I rose up from my bed and looked to see my boyfriend, Chris, by my side. Oh well. I guess he stayed the night. "Good morning, babe.", he greeted me with his morning voice. It looked cute. "Good morning, too, babe.", I greeted back, kissing him on the forehead.

If you're wondering who Chris is and how we met, you're in for a long story.

*FLASHBACK* » 1 year ago...

I was still sulking jn my room for about 3 days now. I couldn't get over Louis yet, and it kills me inside not knowing what he ate for breakfast, how he's hanging up, where he's staying and the like. I couldn't think of what I did wrong at the same time. But no matter how much I try to convince myself that it wasn't my fault, there's still a part of me that blames myself for what happened.

"Why do these things keep happening to me?!", I yelled while pulling my hair. I looked like an absolute mess right now. Eyebags were visible beneath my eyes, my hair was tangled up in knots and scattered in different directions and my face looked pale. Honestly, I didn't find myself not even a little bit beautiful today. Well, I wasn't gonna impress someone today, or maybe forever.

Questions kept on roaming my mind, and it pained me because they were about Louis. Is he sobbing right now after we broke up? Is he in the same state as I am? Did he move on already? Because I know that if I didn't cross his mind at least once a day, I knew that would hurt me so much.

I was in the middle of crying in my room when my phone beeped. A shot of excitement surges through my nody, hoping it's Louis. But then again, I eas wrong. It was an unknown number.

UNKNOWN: Hey, Katie. Chris here. The drunken guy you talked to the night you and your boyfriend broke up. Yeah, sorry about that. But, I'm here to assure you that you did nothing wrong. I think he was too narrow-minded about the situation. He overreacted. Well, anyway, if you need someone to talk to, I'm right here. I live a block away from yours, so I can come over, if ever you want me to. If you're wondering how I got your number, I asked for it from a close friend who apparently knows you well. Well, that's it. Bye.

I don't know why, but that message brought a smile to my face. Here I was in the middle of my room, sulking for what seemed like years, when I had my family and friends to cheer me up. I also gained what seemed like a new friend. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna be the strong woman I was before. I will move on before he does.

After that, we started seeing each other. He would come often at my condo and we would watch mivies together. We would hang out often. Eventually, we became best friends. He was there for me, and I was there for him.

Then came one night when he popped the question. I happily said yes, because I knew he changed me. He changed me for the better. He loved me when I felt unloved. He brought back my old self, my old carefree self.

Thank you, Chris.

A/N: Oohh... Katie moved on. Well, what about Louis? How's he doing? You'll find out in the next chapter. Anyways, thanks for the growing number of reads and for your support, guys and gals! Please like, vote and comment! See you again! :)