CHAPTER 30- End of the Day

LOUIS'S P.O.V.

I watched her sit down beside me. She looked so heartbroken, like she didn't see it coming. I couldn't help but feel sorry for her, but I know that I don't have the right to do so, since I was the cause of all this. If I didn't jump to conclusions too quickly, she wouldn't be here sitting in the rain. Instead, she would be at her place, relaxing inside, with me cuddled up to her. I know that that would be impossible, but I can't help but hope. Hope that things would go back the way they were before.

Ugh, I don't know why I'm feeling this.I shouldn't be. I mean, I've moved on, right?

Really, Louis?

Whatever.

Then, she spoke up. "What are you doing here? It's raining, you know?" She had her eyes fixed on the ground, and her head was down. Her voice was weak and rough. "I could ask you the same thing. You should be in your house, not on a park bench right now." , I replied calmly. She shook her head and looked at me, and I was completely heartbroken when I saw her face.

Her once lively eyes were dull and red from crying hard, her face was pale and her lips were quivering, maybe from the cold. I didn't say anything, but removed my jacket and placed it on her. She flinched a little, which hurt me, but I didn't show that. Eventually, she calmed herself down and seemed okay with my jacket on her.

"Katie, I...", I got lost in what I was saying. I jus stared into her eyes, her hazel ones. I missed staring at them. She bore her eyes into mine, too, anxious to hear what I was about to say. But I was speechless. And I knew she was, too. I didn't know what came over me, but I started leaning in. She leaned in, too, and I closed my eyes, waiting for her lips to touch mine once again.

But I never felt anything.

When I opened my eyes, she was gone, leaving me sitting there in the rain. I ran my fingers through my soaking wet hair and stayed there for a while.

KATIE'S P.O.V.

I can't believe I almost kissed Louis! No, that won't happen again. I'll stay away from him. I'll have to fight my feelings towards him. I won't be stupid again.

I finally reached my condo after what seemed like hours of running, which were only actually minutes. I locked the door and fell down, too weak to get back up. I started crying again, then my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID, and saw that it was Gracie. I didn't answer for I don't want to deal with anyone at this moment.

At the end of the day, I realized that love doesn't work for everyone.

A/N: Huhu... this was sad. And they almost kissed! Ugh, so close! "Louie" will have to stay on hold for now. This chapter is dedicated to RoslynRye for commenting on my latest chapter! Thank you so much! And also to you, my dear, readers! Thanks for all the support! Please like, vote and comment! Bye, guys and gals! :-)