CHAPTER 31- Truly, Madly, Deeply

GRACIE'S P.O.V.

"Come on, Katie! Pick up!", I muttered while calling her. I heard about what happened. She's gotta know it was all in the news. Nosy paparazzi. They can't just leave people alone, can they?

I feel so bad for her. I really thought that they had something. But then again, I gotta admit, something was a little off with Chris. The first time I met him was when Katie introduced me to him, and I sensed something, something wrong. I didn't want to appear as the selfish best friend and ruin her her relationship, because I love her (as a best friend, you quick-thinkers). But look where it got her.

I guess I should leave her alone for a while. It's what's best for her.

LOUIS'S P.O.V.

The next 3 days...

I arrived early at the shooting area. Usually I wait for Katie to get out of her condo, then I follow suit. Okay, fine, you got me. I stalk her sometimes. But these past few days, she was taking longer than usual. I was starting to wonder if she knew I was stalking her.

A few minutes later, she finally arrived. She looked dull again, like yesterday. She had bags under her eyes and she was starting to get thin. And I was getting worried. She's not starving herself, is she? She then looked at me.

Oh no, she caught me staring at her. Look away! Look away!

To my surprise, she smiled at me. A smile that said 'Don't worry, I'm fine.' That made me wonder, was I that obvious? I managed to show her a smile, too. And with that she stopped and looked at me with wide eyes, as if she was surprised at her actions. And with that, my smile faltered. She closed her eyes, bowed and shook her head, then walked away in a rush.

What just happened?

I sighed and bowed, running my fingers through my hair. This was gonna be a long week.

HARRY'S P.O.V.

I was starting to wonder why I haven't heard from Louis this past few days. I kept calling and texting, yet not even one single word from him. He's so annoying. I tried again.

"Hello?" "LOUIS! Where have you been?? I was so worried about you! Why haven't you been-", I was cut off by him laughing. "Harry, stop. I'm sorry, mate, okay? I was just... um... " Then I heard sniffs in the background. "Loubear? Are you alright, mate?" , I asked, though I already knew.

These days, I've been sensing something. I noticed that he's been really excited about this  project. I remember the other day...

Flashback

"HAZZABEAR, I'm home!", Louis yelled once he arrived at his flat, which I took care of while he was out. I rolled my eyes at him and he faked hurt. "I thought you loved me.", he added, holding his chest for dramatic effect. "Shut up, Lou.", I replied. He then hit me and kept horsing around. I smirked and said, "You seem cheerful today. Did you see Katie?" Well THAT shut him up. I laughed and laughed until I was rolling on the floor. Lou's face was burning red. "Shut up, Haz."

"Oh, come on, Lou. I know you still like her, even though you deny it every time." I looked at him and heard him mutter, "Whatever." "Hey, I heard that.", I replied. "Hey, I heard that.", he mocked me and turned towards the window. I smiled and went back to my work. It went silent for a while, so I checked on him. And there he was, staring outside, stalking her again. I couldn't see him, but I could tell that he was smiling. A sad smile, if that's even a thing.

That's the effect Katie Williams had and still has on him.

"Yeah, Haz. I'm fine, thanks. I just...", he sighs. "... I just wanna be alone for today." I nodded, then I remembered he can't see me. "Alright, mate. Call me if you need me.", I said. The line went silent then he hung up.

Oh, Louis. Katie, help him.

A/N: This was sad. Louis is so heartbroken, maybe he wants a hug. T-T Well, thanks guys and gals for the continuous support! I hope we make this story reach 1k. It will be such a success for me if I achieve that goal on my first story. Last 3 chapters before this story ends. I'll write an epilogue so you'll be truly satisfied. Please like, vote and comment, readers! :) Thanks again!