CHAPTER 20-No Greater Pain Than Mine

LOUIS'S P.O.V.

Wow. She looked amazing tonight. The way her hair falls just above her shoulders, how her eyes sparkle, and how she walks towards me just mesmerizes me. I am really lucky to have Katie Williams as my one and only girlfriend.

"Louis? Hello? Are you there?", 2 fingers snapped in front of me. I shook myself out of my trance and realized that it was my girlfriend. I looked at her smiling and she blushed. I love my effect on her.

"What were you thinking about? It looked really deep. And plus, why were you staring at me? Is everything alright?", she asked, combing her bright, shiny hair.

I must sound really cheesy right now.

"Of course, love. I was just admiring you.", I replied, causing her cheeks to turn into a brighter shade of red. I chuckled at her actions.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this evening, we are proud to present the preview of Director Mark Hanson's movie, 'Days Together'. May I hear a round of applause and will the director come forward, please? ", the emcee finally spoke.

Mark went on stage and gave a speech, then the preview started.
__________________________________________________________________

The hours went by quickly, and soon everyone was already drinking and the party went on. I looked to my side, seeing Katie talking to a bunch of friends. Smiling, I walked over to the lads.

"Louis, mate! How are you hanging up?", Harry greeted and hugged me. The lads smiled and hugged me as well. "I'm fine, lads. Me and Katie have never been closer.", I said. They all nodded and we went on with our conversation.

As we were in the middle of our conversation, a drunken man came wobbling towards us. He looked like he had too much. He stumbled and fell down. I, being the kind man I am, helped him get up.

"Sir, are you alright-", he cut me off. "Get away from me! I don't need you!", he said through gritted teeth. I backed away and he stood up himself. "Fine! Chill, dude!", I replied. He rolled his eyes at me and continued walking while he hit other's tables.

I laughed and I continued talking to the lads.
__________________________________________________________________

Time went by fast, and soon everyone was going home. I searched the venue for Katie. Where could she have gone? The last time I saw her, she was talking to her friends.

"Katie? Where are you, love? We're going home, now!", I texted her. No reply. I was starting to get worried. She was with her friends, yes. But what if they all got kidnapped or something?

Stop being negative, Louis! Think positive!

Right. I should think positive. Maybe they're just out walking around. Or maybe they're out sightseeing or something.

I was practically running when I bumped into Gracie. Yes, Gracie! Her best friend! She knows where Katie is.

"Gracie! Have you seen Katie? I've been looking everywhere but I can't find her!", I said panting. She looked at me confusingly.

"Yeah, she was just talking to some drunken guy asking for directions, I think.", she replied. My blood boiled when she said drunken guy. Could it be the drunken guy earlier? Oh, if he lays a finger in her, I will hunt him down!

I turned around a corner, running. Where could she possibly be at this late hour?

And then, I saw it. Something that broke my heart into a million pieces.

Katie was talking to the guy. The same one who bumped into us earlier.

I clenched my fist and sprinted towards the guy. I smashed my fist in his face, causing him to fall on the floor.

"Louis! Stop! He was just-", "Just what, huh? You like him or something? You know what? Fine! Be with him! Love him, cherish him, take care of him and always be there for him. You didn't even bother telling me where you went while I was running around worried sick about you!", I yelled. Tears were brimming her eyes. "What do you mean?", she asked softly.

"We're over!", I screamed and walked away hurriedly.

How could she do this to me? She leaves, not telling me where she went, then hangs out with some random guy?

At least I made my point already.

It's over.

A/N: Whoa! What a big twist of events there! This is one of the most important parts of this story! Please like, vote and comment! Love you guys and gals!