3.01//bright

Chapter Thirty One: Bright.

The boy looked intensely at the graceful girl in front of him. Summer and Winter were sitting at the harbor by all the pretty large and small boats. It was empty, leaving only the two of them there. The waves were dancing back and forth in the cold water. Summer loved the harbor, it reminded her of home, of her childhood and of a sunny day with her family taking their boat out for a spin.

"Want some ice cream?" She asked. She was taken by surprise when she heard how strong her own voice was. It wasn't something you heard very usually. Summer was wearing a gray beanie with a thin comfy coat. Oh, and let's not forget about the old vans she always wore.

"In this weather?" Questioned Winter. He looked amused, eyes glinting through the now dark afternoon. He looked cute which made Summer blush innocently. With rosy cheeks, amber eyes lighter than ever and those knitted mittens with Christmas patterns on them, she couldn't help but stare amazed at him. She found it funny that he apparently found it cold. He was literally wearing mittens in the middle of spring.

"Do I have something on my face?" He touched his face. Summer's eyes widen, big and blue. And then she out of sudden started laughing hysterically. She didn't know what she was laughing at, but it felt so good to be doing something healthy for once. Joining her, Winter started laughing too, as if he knew what he was actually laughing at.

And in that very moment, they realized that maybe all they needed was a few jokes and bright smiles.