4.00//dress

Chapter Forty: Dress.

Summer's going to prom. She's actually going to prom, and she couldn't even believe it. All these years, she'd been complaining about how cliché it was and how she couldn't find any fun in it. But now she was actually going herself. And the fact she was going with Winter made everything so much better.

Her aunt had taken free for the first time and went with Summer to go find the perfect dress. It'd taken the girl by utter surprise that her aunt had taken a day off just to go find a dress for her. Anyhow, it was quite nice.

They had been wandering around the shopping center in ages, never able to find exactly what they were looking for. They held a break as they went to a café. They talked over coffee and it was wonderful. It was the most pleasant and cozy café, Summer had ever been to. The lights were dimmed, a candle littered at each table. The aroma of fresh, roasted beans was so calming, that Summer had even found herself not wanting to leave. There was soft music playing quietly in the background and there was no noise. Only the sound of pure silence was evident and of course the espresso machine that made the most delicious coffee.

After Summer and her Aunt Christine had been walking around for hours, they finally found the dress.

It was a peach colored, floor-length dress with silver paillettes at the top. With thin straps that went around her neck, the dress hugged Summer amazingly and had a really nice shape. She'd never felt beautiful, but in that moment she did. The dress wasn't tight and had a flowing skirt bottom. It was a simple dress, but not in the way that it became boring. The color wasn't absolutely amazing combined with her pale skin, but with a little sun it would be. Her aunt had paid for the dress and let me tell you; It definitely wasn't a cheap dress. But aunt Christine was happy to pay for it. Summer couldn't wait to see Winter's reaction when he saw her.

She'd never been this excited over something so little in her life.