Chapter 3

Madison

After filling both videos, we all decided to go watch some Christmas movies. Mark went through and chose A Christmas Carol while I made us all hot chocolate. "And this is why I love my sister," Mark laughed and took a sip of his. I hesitantly sat next to Bryce, but made sure to not sit too close.

About halfway through the movie, my phone dinged.

unknown: it's bryce

  I looked up at him and saw him trying to act focused on the movie. Smiling to myself a bit, I replied to his text.

how'd you get my number?

  I locked my phone and set it on my stomach. I felt Bryce's phone vibrate and giggled a bit, trying not to bring attention to us. Mark's eyes were locked on the movie, thank God.

stole it from marks phone while you guys weren't looking. is that bad?

  We scandoulsly texted throughout the movie, making sure Mark hadn't noticed. Bryce and I talked about everything you could talk about over text. His social media following, wrestling, my undying love for books. Anything and everything. It felt good to learn more than just his name.

---

  I woke up and instantly shivered. Looked up at the clock on the cable box and saw it read 3:48am. I got up and walked towards the kitchen, only to hit something on the way there. I looked up and saw Bryce.

  "Hey, I'm sorry. Did I wake you?" Bryce whispered and rubbed the back of his neck.

  "No, you're good. What are you doing up?" I poured myself a glass of water and leaned against the counter.

  "Can't sleep," He shuttered. I grabbed his hand and lead him outside. The cold Maryland weather hit us like a storm. "What are we doing out here? It's freezing!"

"Shush." I looked up at him and laughed slightly. I walked up to the railing of the porch and looked up. Bryce followed slowly behind me. Looking up at the sky, the stars shined down on us. "I come out here and just look at the different shapes I can find. It's very relaxing." We then began pointing out the different shapes and figures we could find. We spent at least 10 minutes out there before it got really cold. Right as I was about to go into my room, Bryce stopped me.

  "Thank you." He looked down a bit.

   "For what?" I gave him a confused look.

   "For today, this has been the most fun I've had in a while." He smiled and I could see a tint of pink to his cheeks. I looked away to hide the smile plastered on my face.

   "You're welcome, Bryce. We should definitely do this again sometime." I said before walking back to my room.

    I laid back in bed and stared at the ceiling. So many things were going through my head. I met him literally 12 hours ago. Why am I wishing he was here with me? I sigh and turn over, closing my eyes. That night my dreams were clouded with the brown eyed boy and stars.