Chapter 8

|Madi's POV

"Bryce! Stop it!" I laughed as he poked at my side. Bryce and I were going to the mall for a bit so he could pick up some things for his mom for Christmas. I parked the car and we walked in.

He took his hand in mine and swung our arms. It was childish, but it was cute. We walked into a few stores and picked out a few things, before she came.

"Oh, hey, Bryce. Didn't expect to see you here," Alyssa said and rubbed his arm. Alyssa Hamby was the most popular girl at our school. She's dated almost everyone, and I'm suspecting Bryce was her next victim.

"Um, yea. Hi, Alyssa." He replied and stepped back.

"So, what brings you here?" She stepped closer and flashed him a fake smile.

"I-" he looked over and me and smirked slightly. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me over. "I'm spending some time with my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" She looked shocked and stepped away. "I'm sorry to intrude then." The only good thing about Alyssa was that she never got in between relationships.

Bryce looked down at me and smiled weakly. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's fine, really. When she liked Mark she did the same thing," I laughed slightly.

"No, I mean about the girlfriend thing."

I blushed lightly. It felt nice for a second to be labeled as someone's girlfriend. "Oh, yea. It's alright." I giggled and kissed his cheek. He blushed before taking his arm off my shoulder and grabbing my hand.

---

Bryce insisted on going out to eat, so we drove to this cafe he said I'd like. Bryce was driving and I had my feet on the dashboard.

"Are you excited to see what I got you for Christmas?" Bryce asked as we stopped at a red light.

"Are you excited to see what I got you?" I asked and giggled.

"Um, duh. Mark said you give the best gifts." He laughed and looked over at me.

"I mean, I'm the best at everything I do, so getting people gifts is nothing." I joked and flipped my hair. The light turned green and he started driving again.

After about 5 minutes, we finally arrived at the cafe. I ordered a cookie and some hot chocolate, whereas Bryce got some coffee and about 3 other things.