Chapter 4

|Madi's POV

Today, Haillie and I were going Christmas shopping for Mark and a few other people. We met up at the mall and decided to just from store to store to see what we could find.

About an hour into shopping, I had everyone done but Haillie and Bryce. We decided to split for a bit so we could go shopping for each other, so I went into Hollister. I got her the Winter Getaway perfume she said wanted and headed to Areo. I picked up a few shirts from the UnitedXXVI collection I thought she would like and checked out.

Now all I needed was Bryce.

Bryce and I had gotten closer this past week, and it would only make sense to get him something, as well. It was hard to figure out what to get him since I don't know him all that well, but then something popped into my head.

---

Haillie and I eventually met up and headed to Starbucks. I wasn't a huge coffee fan, but I absolutely craved their seasonal Peppermint Mocha. Haillie got her usual double chocolate chip latte and we left for my house to wrap presents.

Once we got to my house, Mark basically attacked me, wanting to know what I got him.

"Aye, calm down," I laughed and pushed him off of me. "You can find out what I got you in 6 days."

"But I wanna know now," he pouted like a child and crossed his arms.

"Too bad." I poked his nose before walking up to my room with Haillie beside me. I could tell Mark was looking at Haillie, due to her continuous giggles.

I got the wrapping paper from my parents room and began wrapping. Haillie and I talked about what we got for certain people, then the Bryce topic came up.

"So, you like him?" She asked as I finished wrapping Mark's last present. "What about Blake?"

I shrugged. To be completely honest, I forgot about Blake. "I don't know. I mean, I like Bryce, but I can't see anything happening between Blake and I anytime soon."

"Well, I want you to be happy. So choose wisely." She giggled and set another present beside her. "Hopefully Mark likes me. Then we could go on double dates and ughh."

"I'm like 99.999% sure he likes you. Trust me, I know when Mark has a crush." I laughed as my phone vibrated. I got a text from Bryce and instantly smiled.

Wanna hang later?

I texted him back quickly, telling him I would, and locked my phone. I focused on the presents for a bit, but couldn't stop thinking about Bryce. My thoughts were interrupted when my phone went off again.

Bring over some movies cause I have like none

I giggled and shook my head slightly.

"Who ya textinnnn?" Haillie cooed.

"Bryceee," I giggled and felt my cheeks grow red. She winked playfully and nudged my side with her elbow.

"You guys would be the cutest, like cuter than Mark and me... maybe."

I laughed and hit her arm playfully, causing her to fall on the floor and fake cry.

God did I love my best friend.