Chapter Sixteen || Lyla

Party goers are spread amongst the room with their alcoholic beverages frozen midair and their eyes wandering upon me in curiosity. So what I yelled louder than the music vibrating throughout the house, and so what I managed to draw everyone's attention away from their booze and company beside them.

Their curious and intense stares being the last things on my mind.

I'm annoyed, agitated because out of everything this girl crossed paths with she had chosen my chip bag. I mumbled a few curse words under my breath and Kian shushes me before guiding me through the crowd and towards his bedroom.

Kian opens the door and lightly pushes me into his room. I stomp until I'm standing in front of his bed. I place my beer bottle on the floor beside the bed before plopping face down onto the mattress and grabbing a pillow to lay on, making myself completely at home.

"Fucking bitch," I mumble with irritation into the cool cotton pillow sheet.

The door closes behind me and I roll onto my back to see Kian standing at the end of his bed, watching me in amusement with crossed arms. My brows narrow and I scrunch my nose in frustration, "I was five minutes away from teaching her a lesson."

"What were you going to do?" he asks, unfolding his arms and dropping them to his sides, "pull her hair?"

I nod my head side to side and hum, imagining fistfuls of brown hair in my closed fists and the girl's hands attempting to pull my grasp free from her hair. A sly smirk dances upon my face at the thought but then I think of something better and shake my head.

"Come on, everyone knows you aim for the face," I huff and cross my arms over my chest, "the hair is the easy way out."

"Lyla!" he spits stunned. "Kian!"

I raise my legs up then lift myself up so I'm sitting up straight and my feet are planted on the ground. "The girl threw up in MY Dorito's," I say slowly, dragging out 'my' to emphasize my point.

Kian's arms reach out and his hands wrap around my wrists pulling me up so I'm standing straight. "Get over it," he says tugging me towards his balcony doors. I quickly bend down and grab my beer, taking a sip while I lightly drag and stomp my feet, allowing him to pull me out of his room and onto the balcony.

Once we were both standing outside, Kian lets go of my wrists. I lightly shove Kian's shoulder with my own as I take a step in front of him and turn around so my back is leaning against the side railing. "Like seriously though," I say bringing the bottle up to my lips, "out of all things to throw up in it was my chips, they weren't even half eaten, what a waste."

Kian stifles a laugh and takes the beer bottle from my hand and I pout, watching him place it down on the ground besides my feet. I stare at the beer bottle that's silently calling my name but make no move to pick it up, allowing the vast distance to get in the way from me and the warm liquid.

I hear him laugh at me and my pout gets bigger. His index finger comes in to my view, brushing my bottom lip. "Stop being a baby," he chuckles, running his finger over my bottom lip once again. I ignore the warm touch from the tip of his finger that's still lingering upon my bottom lip and frown. I don't have to look up at him to know he has a huge smirk.

"I'm not a baby," I huff and cross my arms, tearing my gaze off the brown bottle to glare at the design on Kian's shirt. "Sure about that one?" he asks and takes a step closer towards me.

I mumble curse words under my breath as I reply the past few minutes in my head and drop my head down. It's then, I realize, just how close him and I really are. The tips of our shoes practically pressed tightly to one another. My breath hitches in the back of my throat and I take a step back.