Chapter 11.2

For a few seconds, Evabelle experienced the feeling of weightlessness before she was rammed back and forth against everything from the seats to the windows as well into other people. Through the insanity Evabelle caught sight of a pale white glow and felt a strange tingly sensation.

Finally there was a definitive thud calling an end to the fall. Evabelle took several deep breaths and pressed a hand against her racing heart. Well it wouldn't be doing that if she was dead. So that could only mean that she was alive. It was amazing. She wasn't even that injured. Evabelle did feel a bit bruised, but other than that she was fine. Glancing around, revealed that the car was now on its side and Evabelle now sat on the window.

A small painful cry made Evabelle look up at Gem was still caught in her seatbelt. "Gem," Evabelle called to her. "Unbuckle it and just hold onto it."

"Where are we?" The little girl cried. "What happened? I don't want to fall! Where's Kai?"

"It's okay, Gem." Evabelle did her best to sound soothing. "Just undo the belt and hold onto it."

The little girl's hands were shaking as she nodded and undid the buckle and clung to the strap. It fell down toward Evabelle, who propped herself up on her knees and reached out for the young elf. Gem slid into Evabelle's arms and clung fiercely to her. Evabelle felt the small girl shaking in her arms held her close. Evabelle thought she had been through an ordeal, but she couldn't imagine what it must have been like for Gem.

Sounds of frantic movement made Evabelle turn her head and squint through the darkness to see a large black feathered wing move aside revealing a pale face. "Gem!" Kai exclaimed. "Gem! Where are you? Are you alright?"

Gem loosened her grip around Evabelle and moved toward her brother. "Kai? Kai, I'm fine. Are you okay?"

Kai let out a sigh of relief. "Yes, I'm fine, Gem." He coughed as Del's feather found their way to his mouth. "Currently I'm just squished under everyone else."

Evabelle thought suddenly of CJ, who had been on the floor closest to that window. He was still injured. "Kai, where's CJ? It he alright?"

Kai did his best to move around. "Del!" He tried nudging the Anahalian. "Del, where's CJ?"

Del groaned and propped himself up on his hands, lifted his wing for Kai, and turned to face them. Evabelle's eyes widened as she saw the blood on Del's forehead. "Del!" She cried out.

He shook his head. "I'm fine. We all are thanks to Lucis."

"What do you mean?"

"You did an isolation spell, didn't you?" Called a voice from the front.

Evabelle turned and saw Faux looking around the seat at them with Tru rising to a sitting position next to him.

"Yeah," Lucis's voice responded from somewhere Evabelle couldn't see. "I'm sorry I didn't do it fast enough. There may be a few injuries."

Aza's voice sounded from up in the driver's seat. "Isolation spell?"

Evabelle glanced up there and saw Calandra and their expertly insane driver struggling to disentangle themselves from one another.

"Yes," Replied Lucis. "It's a spell that isolates all the objects in an area. You may come into contact with things, but your body doesn't recognize it. So when you slam into the window, you won't break it or any part of you."

"We should have had that spell for this entire trip." Grunted Del, wiping his forehead, creating a red smudge that reminded Evabelle, ridiculously of Lion King when Rafiki put the weird fruit juice stuff on Simba before he raised him up for the rest of the animals.