Chapter 15

I look into his eyes, the ones he shared with his beautiful mother. The war is coming to an end, I can feel it. My whole body has tensed up, the venom rapidly spreading to every inch of my body. I reach up to stroke my dear boys cheek, to embrace him once before I die. He had grown so much over the last few months. I hadn't seen him recently, he had been destroying horcruxes. He had matured, he was too mature for his age. It killed me to see him so aware of the worlds worst at such a young age. "Harry," I croak, I can feel my eyelids growing heavy with death, "Take them." I point to the tears falling down my cheek. I know he will know what to do with them, he is smart, as well as brave, handsome, kind, sensible... And I loved him. He was my pride and joy. He had grown into a strong young man and I was proud of him. But I knew I couldn't tell him this now. "Severus..." I see a single tear slip out and down across his cheeks as the boathouse dims and I know it's over. I feel the glass of a vile touch my cheek as the world closes in around me and I feel my life slip away. I knew it was over. I couldn't watch my boy win the war... But, one thing had come from the war.. I had finally found someone who meant more to me than Lily... Harry.