The One With All The Drama

"Kepner, she's someone we don't really have to worry about. Lexie said that she's from some farm and she barely passed her MCAT.. not really sure how she figured that one out but.." Meredith said while on the phone with Alex sitting in her living room.

"She's from a farm and she barely passed her MCAT?" Alex asked.

"Crazy right." Meredith said. "But McPretty is someone we need to worry about apparently."

"Really?" Alex asked.

"Yeah.. Apparently he passed his MCAT's with flying colors and basically made med school look easy with his grades." Meredith said. "So what about that one that you were spying on?" She asked.

"They said that she's not really the brightest when it comes to like diagnosing but I guess she was in a surgery today like what the hell." Alex said.

"We didn't even get a glimpse of surgery today." Meredith said.

"Yeah I know. Peds was slow today and I basically spent the day rounding because Robbins wouldn't let me leave, but she left that other guy that no one knows his name leave.. I don't get it." Alex said.

"She trusts you. Derek didn't have any surgeries today, but he's stacked with them tomorrow right now, so it'll be interesting to see who he takes into surgery." Meredith said. "Listen, I should go.. Derek needs help putting the kids to bed, but we'll talk more about this tomorrow." She said.

"Sounds good. Goodnight." Alex said.

"Goodnight." Meredith said as she hung up the phone and went upstairs to help Derek put the kids to bed.

The next morning, Meredith and Derek woke up earlier, yet again. They got both of the kids dressed, and fed in a really short amount of time which is very unusual, usually it takes a while. They got up and out of the house in a fraction of the time it usually does. 

"You were in a rush this morning." Derek said. 

"Can you really blame me?" Meredith asked. "I bet you when we get to work, McHarperAverysGrandson is going to be rounding already and he'll get dibs on all the good surgeries." 

"McHarperAverysGrandson?" Derek asked.

"I'm glad that's what you got from that sentence." Meredith said. "Jackson Avery is Harper Avery's Grandson. Like the Harper Avery." 

"Well, it's not like you can't get on any surgeries I get today." Derek said. 

"Listen, you're not allowed to favor me now that we have the intruders here. We have to wait a while so we can feel them out." Meredith said. 

"Is that why you wouldn't let me kiss you in front of that red head yesterday?" Derek asked. 

"Yes, because we don't know if she's the kind of person we want in our lives yet." Meredith said. "We're slowly getting information and once we know, that's when we can talk about this again." 

"You don't think they'll make a connection when they see that your last name is Shepherd?" Derek asked. 

"I could be your sister. You have enough of them." Meredith said. 

"Speaking of." Derek said. 

"Oh God, which one did you invite to visit us this time?" Meredith asked. 

"Amelia." Derek said. 

"She doesn't like me." Meredith said. 

"No, she's the one that does like you." Derek said. "It's not that my sisters don't like you, it's that they're not used to you yet."