The Avengers- Languages

[i don't know. I'm still sad about Tokyo Ghoul. And this being my 9th or 10th to last chapter in this book. But hey today is Friday!]

"How in the world did this happen!" Tony shouts, and your head perks up and you huff.

"Look, it wasn't my fault. They went in before me and.. and then they all come out speaking German," You explain, switching on auto pilot and turn to look at them.

Steve catches your eye and he makes a confused face. "Was ist los?"

You smile, shake your head, and face Tony. "I don't know if it's some joke HYDRA's pulling, but it's really not funny. How are we going to operate as a team of I can't even understand them?"

"They must've sent out a signal. Something that messed with their brainwaves."

"Obviously."

"Ich nicht aus Deutchland!" Clint howls. You peek over the seat and he's on his feet pacing.

Natasha sighs, blabs something in German and Clint seems to calm down.

"Das ist lächerlich. Ich weiß Deutsch, und wenn ich spreche es- I'm talking in English!" Steve grumbles, scowling at the wall. "I hate this."

You turn back to Tony with a pinched expression. "Please tell me you can fix them,"

He rolls his eyes. "Of course I can fix them. I'll send you a translator app in the meantime so you can explain everything to them."

"Yeah," Ending the call, you pull up the program and face them. "Okay. Guys?"

They look up. "Was?"

"When we get back to the tower, Tony is going to figure out what happened," You say, the translator processing your words and repeats it back in German.

Clint looks like he's about to cry as he nods, leaning back as he crosses his arms. "Ja."

"How could HYDRA do this," Steve holds his chin as he speaks. "I am confusion."

Natasha snorts, mumbles something, and the translator spits out, "Peabrain."

"Nat," You sigh, giving her a look when she shrugs.

"What happened?" Bucky asks once you exit the jet.

Waving a hand behind you at the others, you shake your head. "They're speaking gibberish."

He frowns. "Gibberish?"

"German," You watch as they walk out of the jet quietly. "Something happened to their little brains and I can't understand."

"Oh. Well, I know German. I learned it when I was.." Bucky's shoulders drop. "Well, you know."

"Yeah," Pushing him forward, you nod. "Go ask them if they're okay."
___

"How!" You slam your hands on the table and squint as Steve begins talking in Japanese. "Did you do this?"

"Oops..?" Tony flips a switch and presses some buttons. "I don't know. One minute I was observing his heat signature and then the next, he's fluent in anime language."

"What?"

"Nothing," Standing, he shoo's you away. "I need time to think. Bye bye."