Clint Barton-Witch

[This is kinda like a Kiki's Delivery Service AU.]

Clint had been sleeping soundlessly, no nightmares, no dreams. Totally at peace.

Until a body poofs out of the air, lands hard on his bed, and bounces off.

He wakes up immediately, reaching for the gun under his pillow and holds it up blindly.

"Well, this is most definitely not where I wanted to teleport."

"Huh?" Clint reaches over and turns the lamp on his night stand on, stares as a girl in a black dress and pointy hat sits crosslegged on the floor. "What?"

"Well, now that I'm here and you're awake, want to talk?"

"What?"

The girl rolls her eyes, smiles as she holds up a hand and the gun in Clint's hand turns into a snake. He shrieks, and only when it's halfway across the room does he realizes it's not real.

"Sorry," She slips off her hat and fixes her hair. "So. What's your name?"

"My name..? Why would I tell you that?"

She huffs, moves to sit on the edge of Clint's bed and folds her hands together. "Since you're not starting, I will. My name is (Y/n), and I'm a witch in training. I just moved to this town. Do you know if there are any witches who live here?"

Clint gasps when a small black cat pokes its head through the opening in her messenger bag and meows.

"I know, Kiki, just hold on. He seems nice," Clint blinks, rubs his eyes, and leans back when he realizes she still there.

"Not a dream," He murmurs, shakes his head and sighs. "Not a dream. Okay. There's a witch in my bed at 2 in the morning. Okay. No big deal. I've dealt with worse."

"This has happened before?" (Y/n) asks curiously, her cat, Kiki, slips out of the bag and settles on her lap. "Has it?"

"Um.. not exactly."

"Oh," She frowns. "So there are other witches in this town."

"We haven't had a witch live here in over a decade," Clint says absently, watching the cat wearily as it glares at him.

"Really?" (Y/n) surges forward, hugs Clint tightly, and pulls back with a grin. "Thank you! Well, in that case, I guess I'll see you around?"

"You're leaving?"

She nods. "Yup."

"My name is Clinton," He suddenly says as she stands. "I-I mean, everyone calls me Clint, so.."

"Okay, Clint. Have a good night, erm, morning."

He waves, watches as he closes her eyes and disappears with a poof of smoke. And then realizes she's left her hat behind