The Avengers- Pistachio Ice Cream

[Today sucked but this was fun to write even though it's totally not what I was going for?// has anyone read The 5th Wave? I think twelve chapters in and iT'S SO SAD! ]

Steve's eyes narrow from across the table, hands balled on his thighs, keeping his gaze firmly on you.

You respond with a glare and cross your arms.

There's complete silence as you and Steve continue to watch each other closely. And then you notice Steve's lips tightening, and his eyes water.

Clint grins. "He's going to abort,"

"No he isn't," Natasha hisses threateningly. "Look, (Y/n)'s going to- to put another one in her mouth?"

Tony's head bobs up as they watch you in horror, unwrapping a warhead smugly and plop into your mouth.

Steve does the same, but he looks scared as he hesitantly rips off the wrapper and slowly puts it his mouth.

Two seconds later, he chokes, sputters, grabs the cup on the table, and spits out the sour candies like they're poisonous.

Clint hoots, Natasha scowls, and Tony snorts, while you just grin and spit yours out as well.

"You're a wuss, Steve," Clint cackles, clapping you on the shoulder proudly. "(Y/n)'s the real champion here."

"Um, excuse me?" Tony takes off his shades angrily. "If I remember correctly, I beat (Y/n) in the cinnamon challenge."

"No," Clint shakes his head. "You challenged (Y/n) to do the cinnamon challenging with you, you somehow snorted the cinnamon, and had to be taken to the hospital. You didn't win, Tony."

He squints. "But I did the challenge, in a way, and didn't spit it out-"

"Right, because the doctors had to, what was it again, flush your nose?"

Clint and Tony continue to bicker, while Natasha, Steve, and yourself slowly rise and back out of the room.

"Ice cream?" You ask, and they both nod.

"Do you think they'll have pistachio ice cream?"

You turn to Steve. "Are you sure you want to have pistachio ice cream after wha happened the last time you asked for it?"

He huffs. "How was I supposed to know wasabi and pistachio ice cream are the same color?"

"You blow my mind with your lack of knowledge, Steve," you say, and grin when he rolls his eyes. "Seriously, what's next? You'll probably order grape juice and end up with wine."

"He did do that," Natasha says. "Remember that gala when Steve had been flirting with the waitress? Totally drunk and still ended up with her phone number."

Steve's ears burn as you all enter the elevator, but you and Natasha are smiling, so that makes it all the more bearable. And he also gets his pistachio ice cream(with rainbow sprinkles).