Chapter Nineteen

"My Derek? What is this? Stuffing? What goes in that?" Stiles asks, walking into the room where Peter was reading with a blank expression on his face. Derek looks up at him while he tries to figure what's going on with their television, he shouldn't be doing this he should have called someone but Derek figured that he could give it a go, and Derek hums as he looks at him. "Says stuffing and turkey are for Thanksgiving." Stiles says, and Derek curses to himself when he makes something worse. Peter chuckles to himself as he reads, and Derek does his best to give him a dirty look. "Talia said she was going to have Thanksgiving here with Dad and Mel. But my Derek has to work which isn't fair." Stiles pouts, looking at him.

"I know, babe. But you know how busy the hospital is at the Thanksgiving break. Car crashes, heart attacks, drinking too much, eating too much, burns from kitchen related accidents. It's a busy weekend for us. And don't get me started on Black Friday shit." Derek says, and Stiles still pouts more. "Honey, I'll be back at dinner time. I'll eat with you. It won't be like last year, but it'll still be good." Derek promises him, trying the television again.

"Not the same!" Stiles whines, and Derek sighs. He doesn't know how many times he can tell this to Stiles without him getting upset. "At least Peter will be here. He is my friend." Stiles says, his tail brushing over the older man's shoulder as he walks by. "He's so nice." Stiles adds on, and Peter smiles at him while Stiles moves to get him some water. He's become quite the caretaker for the other man, Derek is very impressed by that, and he walks back. "My Derek? Screen is blue." Stiles says.

"It's red, you colorblind cutie." Derek tells him, and Stiles blushes as he walks away from him. "Come here and give me a kiss." Derek says, and Stiles huffs as he walks over to kiss him before he slips into his lap. "Okay, fine. I will call someone to look at this. Scott, he's good with electronics." Derek tells him, and Stiles nods his head as he looks around for his phone.

"Tell him to bring drinks to Thanksgiving. Soda, juice, water bottles, and alcohol for Laura." Stiles says, and Derek chuckles. "Talia said wine, Lydia drinks that. Can we invite Lydia?! And Miss Ally! Oh, please, my Derek?!" Stiles asks, pushing his arms excitedly against Derek's body as he gets excited with the thought of having Thanksgiving with all of his friends and family. "I know that Scott doesn't like them, but please?" Stiles asks, and Derek hums.

"We'll see. I don't know if they have plans yet. Isaac is spending half the day with his family and Scott is going with him." Derek comments. "Malia coming here with Mom to use our kitchen for some stuff. Cora and Laura are going to be here, Scott is going with Isaac and here. I'm sure that John is off all day and Melissa is working with me some of the time." Derek tells him, and Stiles nods his head. He smiles at him while he calls Scott, and he hums to himself as he waits for his little brother to answer. "Hey, baby bro. I need your help." Derek says.

"I'm sure you do since you just called me bro." Scott says, and Derek smiles into his phone. "What's up?" Scott says, and Derek sighs as he looks at his television. "It has to do with electronics, doesn't it? You suck at everything with computers." Scott says, and Derek chuckles warmly.

"Yeah, my television isn't working. The screen is red and it's weird." Derek tells him, and Scott makes a humming noise as he thinks about what could be wrong with it. "I can only turn it on and off. I'm missing value show time." Derek says, and Scott laughs as he looks at his phone. "Just come over. I want to talk to you about things." Derek tells him, being vague. Scott sighs, loud and pained like he doesn't want to talk, and Derek grins at his phone.

"I'll be there soon, okay? Just don't do anything stupid or you'll break it." Scott says, and Derek doesn't get in a comeback before his brother is hanging up.