Chapter Five

Derek wakes up in the morning because he is cold. In his morning grogginess, he finds it odd because he distinctly remembers falling asleep with a red tail curled around his middle. Derek throws back the covers to use the restroom before wondering into the living room in search of a certain hybrid boyfriend of his. He walks quietly in the cold apartment before stopping to turn up the thermostat some in the hallway.

“Stiles?” Derek calls, while rubbing his eyes and he makes it only a few more steps before he has an arm full of Stiles. Stiles is burrowing his head under Derek’s chin while nuzzling his nose into Derek’s collarbone while muttering a soft mantra of Derek’s name under his breath. Derek chuckles softly while holding onto him before he notices the other presences in the room. “Laura.” Derek squeaks, and he notices that Stiles isn’t wearing his beanie. His older sister crosses her arms in a veiled attempt to look threatening, she doesn’t really need it, and Derek tries to look innocent.

“Little brother, you mind telling me when you got a live in boyfriend?” Laura asks, and Derek shrugs his shoulders while Stiles beams at his sister.

“I am Derek’s boyfriend!” Stiles says, and Laura’s ice queen stare melts slightly when she takes in Stiles sweet face.

“I know, Stiles.” Laura says, and Derek grins at her. “Derek, let’s talk in private shall we?” Laura says, and Derek fights the urge to push Stiles in front of him as some sort of cute human shield from his sister’s wrath. Derek sighs loudly before turning his attention towards Stiles.

“Why don’t you go take a shower so we can go shopping, hmm?” Derek says to Stiles. Stiles smiles up at him before sneaking a glance at Laura before kissing the side of Derek’s mouth with a loud smack before he walks towards Derek’s room to shower, and Derek watches him with a small smile on his face until he turns his attention back to Laura. “What?” Derek huffs, when his sister just keeps staring at him oddly.

“You’re smiling.” Laura says, as she squints at him. Derek rolls his eyes before pushing past her to get to his kitchen where he notices that his sister had made pancakes. “Does your creepy smiling have something to do with the adorable teen with fox ears?” Laura asks, and Derek chokes on his bite of pancakes. Derek looks up to give her a threatening look while trying to not to choke to death.

“You cannot tell Mom.” Derek hisses, and Laura rolls her eyes. Laura takes the seat next to him while giving him an amused look.

“You’re in your twenties. How can she still scare you?” Laura asks, amused and Derek snorts at her while pointing a fork full of pancakes and syrup at her accusingly.

“You, my dear sister, are thirty and still afraid of her so save me that shit.” Derek says, and Laura looks like she wants to argue but she really can’t. When she doesn’t say anything, Derek grins at her in victory before shoving more food into his mouth, and Laura gives him a disgusted look.  “So what did Stiles say to you?” Derek ask, curiously and Laura grins at him.

“I let myself in, and found him drinking a glass of milk at the kitchen table. He looked at me until I asked him what the hell he was doing here.” Laura says, and Derek snorts.

“What did he tell you?” Derek asks, curiously. Laura gives him a fondly look before standing up to get more water.

“He said, and I quote, I am Derek’s boyfriend. I belong here!” Laura says, and Derek stomach gets warm and fuzzy. Derek smiles at his plate before Stiles comes bounding back into the kitchen with a smile on his face. He moves to stand next to a sitting down Derek, and leans next to him as if to burrow into his side. “So what are you two lovebirds doing today?” Laura asks, and Stiles gives her a confused look.