Chapter Twenty-One

"My Derek. Park won't stop getting into the tree." Stiles whines, and Derek looks over from where he was doing paperwork on the kitchen counter. Derek sees the fox trying to get at the tree, his paws slapping at the branches as he tries to knock down ornaments. They're finally in a house big enough that they could have a real tree, Stiles was very excited, and Derek more than happy to oblige him. "No, Park! That's Baby's gift!" Stiles says, and Derek can tell from his tone that he was getting annoyed with the little creature. How Derek has eagerly awaited this day, Derek thinks to himself. "No!" Stiles growls at him, and Park whines as he slinks away to the kitchen to hide. Derek laughs as he watches him and Stiles looks like he feels bad about it. "I'm sorry, but was messing with Baby's present. Could have broken them!" Stiles says, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know. He deserved it and more." Derek tells him, and Stiles pouts as he looks at him. Stiles turns towards him as he shakes his head. Derek smiles at him while he stands up to help him hang some more ornaments on the tree, and he turns to see that the baby is laying on Peter's chest taking his morning nap. "He's going to have a good Christmas." Derek says, chuckling as Peter absentmindedly runs his hand over Pine's back as he stares at the ceiling. "Sleepy little hybrid." Derek says, and Peter sits up carefully. His arm is curved under the still sleeping baby and his hand resting on his back. "Peter?" Derek asks him, and Peter rubs his head. Derek sighs as he goes to get him medicine since he's pretty sure that Peter has a headache now.

"Peter, what is wrong?" Stiles whispers, softly as he looks at Peter. Stiles is rather fond of the other man, probably because it's just them and the baby during the days or nights that Derek works, and Peter grunts as he shakes his head like he doesn't want Stiles to worry about him. "You need medicine. Cannot be sick when is Christmas. When it is Christmas." Stiles says, paying attention to what he was saying. Derek laughs as he hands Peter a glass of water and his uncle gives him a look that clearly says "I'm holding the baby how can I supposed to take that?" and Derek rolls his eyes as he gently takes Pine to hold. "Don't wake him!" Stiles hisses, and Derek looks at him.

"I'm not going to wake him up, cub. Bigger cub." Derek assures him, rocking the boy in his arms as he looks at him sweetly. Pine makes a whining noise, his little tail curling around himself as he nuzzles into Derek's chest before he goes back to sleep, and Derek breathes out some since he didn't want to wake him up. "Shh." Derek coos at Pine, and Pine breathes out as his eyelids flutter some with dreams. His ears flicker some in his sleep. He's about to wake up, Derek can practically sense it now after a few weeks of falling into a rhythm, and Derek rocks him in his arms as he looks at him.

Stiles goes to get more Christmas decorations, shooing Peter to his room to get some rest before lunch, and Stiles turns to walk over. "Are we spending Christmas with Dad or Derek's mother?" Stiles asks him, and Derek hums as he thinks about. His mother hasn't mentioned anything, he figured that with Peter here and Derek having room that they would stay here and at John's, but he makes a note to ask her about it later.

"I think that everyone might come here for Christmas. I don't think that it'd be fun to drive three hours with the baby and Peter." Derek tells him, and Stiles grins at him excitedly since he doesn't' like long car rides. "Would that be okay? Then we could do a family Christmas with my family and then with your family and then just us. The three of us and Peter." Derek says, and Stiles nods his head excitedly as he jumps up and down.

"Yes, my Derek! Such fun!" Stiles whisper-yells, and Derek chuckles as he nods his head while he looks at him. "That would be such fun. I love Christmas." Stiles tells him, and Pine wakes with sleepy yawn. "Sleepy kit." Stiles coos, reaching out to pet his ears. Pine sleepily reaches for him with a yawn, and Stiles grins as he takes him from Derek's arms.