Chapter 42

Comment/Vote (sorry it its a blah chapter. I'm tired and it's late but I promised I'd upload today so be happy that I did!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we going?" I followed Ethan into an employee's only room. Confused, I gave Ethan a quizzical look. He ignored my silent question, took off the whistle that hung around his neck, set it aside and then asked me to turn around. "Why?"

"Well you don't have to if you don't want to but I doubt you want to see me undress." My cheeks felt warm and quickly I turned around to avoid any awkwardness. Ethan chucked. "Like I said before you're cute when you blush."

"Am not!" I argued but laughed nonetheless. "Do you like your job?" I asked, suddenly.

"What kind of question is that?"

"A simple one, now answer."

"Yeah, it's fun. It has its moments where I wish I was somewhere else but its fun playing with the little kids. They have such a sense of humor."

I nodded. "Are you done yet?"

"No. You caught me off guard so I stopped undressing."

"Don't you have to take a shower or something?"

"Do I?"

"I don't know. That's why I'm asking you."

"Sometimes, Alexa but I'm too much in a hurry today." Impatiently I waited for him to get dressed. I counted to ten, looked at my finger nails, stared at the wall and sang songs in my head while I waited.

A warm pair of arms wrapped around my waited. "You know I don't know if I can trust you." He whispered.

I was taken aback. Why wouldn't he trust me? "What do you mean?"

"How do I know that you didn't actually peak?" My cheeks got warm again and the sudden closeness made me uncomfortable for a tiny second. "I would never! You're crazy."

"Turn around."

"That's sort of hard to do when you have your hands around me." He let go slightly, giving me just enough space to turn around and look at him. "How about we do something with your family?"

I frowned. "Why?" The word family alone had my mind in overload. It sent a red flag in the air and the sirens were going off.

"We can't have all the fun now can we? I just know that your little brother would love the place I'm taking you too."

"Adrian likes a lot of things so that doesn't really count." Adrian wasn't the problem. No matter how nice my mom tried to be I still felt mad just thinking about her. She was still the problem. The ticking bomb. At any moment I expect her to start being mean and yelling again.

"Just stop, I'm inviting them anyway."

"Fine." I groaned.

"Smile." He said. Instead I glared at him. "No! You suck."

Ethan leaned down brushing his lips against my cheek. "Do I still suck?" Breathlessly, I nodded. I didn't trust my voice at that moment. "How about now?" He cupped the back of my head and smashed his lips on mine. His lips moved against mine and I responded to it. To anyone who walked it would look like we were making out.

Which we were but my cheeks warmed at the thought of anyone seeing us this close. Finally, Ethan pulled away to catch his breath but his lips still lingered close to mine. "You know...you really have improved your kissing since the first time I kissed you."

"Jerk!" I laughed. I hugged Ethan to me. I felt this overwhelming sense of happiness. I was staying and I would get to spend more time with Ethan.

"You're beautiful." On my tip toes I kissed him one last time before straining the importance as to why he should wear a shirt around me. He laughed but didn't bother putting one on the whole way back to the condo. Since this was all his idea I let him knock. My father opened the door and I wanted to die right then and there. He opened shirtless with only a pair of boxers and long knee length socks on. The boxes weren't even decent. They had lips on them. "Dad!" I covered my eyes to shield myself from the embarrassment.