Vacation Sucks!...Wait, a Hot Lifeguard? (30)

Short chapter but at least I updated something instead of keeping ya'll waiting =)

Comment/Vote

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alexa, wait!" I kept walking ignoring the voice calling after me. Walking didn't help me get away from the person coming after me so I ran. Ran to get away, ran to let go of the anger and ran to relax myself. I knew it was Ethan behind me but I didn't want him to see me crying. I didn't want him to know how much everything they did hurt me.

  "Alexa, please stop." He turned his walk into a run to catch up with me and in a matter of seconds he was running right beside me. Now it was useless to run. He already caught me, saw my face, and saw the tears. He knew I was crying.

Running away would be useless now. So I slowed my paced. As soon as I came to a halt Ethan wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close to him.

"I'm so sorry." I buried my head in Ethan's chest and let myself cry softly. He rubbed circles on my back and held me tighter. "I'm sorry they were such jackass's. If I would have known he was going to be like that I would have taken you out somewhere nice and peaceful."

"It's okay...but I just you to take me home. I don't want to be here anymore."

"Okay, Robin." The nickname brought a small smile to my face. "All I have to do is get my keys. Do you want me to bring you a shirt to change into?" I was about to nod my head no but on second thought I needed to change out of my wet sundress.

Ethan wiped a stray tear on my cheek with his thumb as he waited for my answer. I nodded. He took my hand in his and led me back to his house. When we reached the front door I pulled away. Is he crazy? No way in hell was I planning on entering his house again, especially since I'm not very welcome there.

He turned back to look at my curiously. "What?" Still holding my hand he waited. What would I tell him? That I never wanted to go inside again? That I felt ashamed that I let them get to me? "I don't want to go in."

"Don't worry. We're going in my room and I won't let them say anything."

The offer sounded solid enough but that didn't change the fact that I didn't feel very comfortable in the house. "No..."

"But you can't change out here."

"Yes I can." I pointed over at his in the drive way. "I can change in your car."

"But isn't that a bit uncomfortable?"

"I can deal with it."

"No don't be silly. Come on. If you really want you can run up the stairs and I'll be right behind you." Ethan reached for my hand and hauled me inside before I could protest. Inside Martha was scolding Danny for being so rude and ignorant

. Everyone glanced up as the door slammed shut. I felt awkward but I followed Ethan's lead. He walked me over to the staircase with me in front of him. As we stepped on the first step Ethan's dad called out for Ethan. "Ethan, I..."

"Save it dad. I don't want to hear it." Ethan lightly pushed on my back. Silently telling me to keep going; this time when we got to the top I didn't wait for him to lead the way to his him since I already been there. Ethan slammed the door shut and I jumped.
It was absolutely silent. "I'm never coming back here. This is creepy. I feel like we're alone when really we aren't." Ethan sighed but didn't say anything.

Trying to break the silence between us I asked, "Why is he like that?"

"My dad?"

"Yeah."

"He's normally not such an ass." Ethan opened his top drawer, moved shirts around searching for something. Most likely a shirt that would fit me. "But I guess Becca told him some lies and he believed him. That's the only explanation I can think of as to why he treated you that way."