Chapter 5

I awoke to an argument between Jake and CC, who were in disagreement over who should be able to use the bathroom first. Realizing I had an opportunity to be the genuine asshole, I seized it. I got out of my bunk and walked straight into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. Both of them shut up, and when I walked out, they were staring at me in blatant shock.

"Yes, can I help you?" I joked.

"Hey, no staring at my girl. Only I can do that!" Ashley yelled. I was hoping he was joking. I liked him, but his reputation was more or less that of a man-whore. I didn't want to get involved with him like that.

"Would you all shut up? Get ready, we have a show in 3 hours." Jinxx said, seeming slightly annoyed.

I trolled enough for now. I went to my bunk, getting ready for the day, but not expecting to get into the concert for free. I had the usual makeup done. I realized I looked like I used to when Michael was still alive. The stereotypical "emo fag".

"Hey, are you coming or not?" Andy popped his head in my bunk, asking me about the show.

"No money for a ticket." I said.

"I never said you needed a ticket," he laughed. "You get into the shows free since you're with us." There was a look in Andy's eyes that looked so familiar, yet so foreign to me. I couldn't place it.

"Sounds good to me!" I said. What was with his eyes? They looked at me so longingly, yet I couldn't understand why. We barely knew each other. But there was something about him that I knew I was falling for. I could never let anyone know about it, just in case it ever got back to him. I wouldn't ruin our friendship over a crush.

"Let's go then. We wouldn't want to be late, now, would we." He offered his hand. I didn't take it instantly, so he sat down next to me and hugged me. "It can't rain all the time," he said reassuringly.

"Did you seriously just quote "The Crow"?" I asked, jokingly, trying to hide my earlier emotions. His hug just made me more wild though.

We all started walking off the bus into the venue. It was packed to say the least. The guys went on to perform their show, starting with "Stolen Omen". They are really more talented than most people think. My feet started to hurt from standing, so I went to take a seat. That's when I saw him...the one person who's being was able to throw me into a fit of depression whenever I saw him. He always brought up about Michael every time we talked.

"Jessie!" He screamed. I nodded toward him, stating it was ok to talk, but to watch his boundaries. "How have you been?"

"Not bad. I'm on tour with the band, actually. I left mom's due to her breakdown. The guys are letting me stay with them till I find somewhere I like." I said.

"That's cool," he said coolly. "How's it been going since Michael's death?"

There it was. The part of this conversation I was dreading.

"Better, I have to get going though. I'm in charge of getting pizza tonight, so I think it's about time to call." I lied.

"Ok, nice seeing you again. Take care and good luck." he said, walking away. I ran to the bathroom, knowing I needed to cut. But the concert was nearly over. Deciding my thighs were my best option, I pulled down my pants and let the blade slice my skin. The relief was almost instant, and there wasn't a lot of blood. Pulling up my jeans, I hid the bloody blade in my bag. I sat on the chair near the stage.

The concert had ended and they came barreling off the stage. I was hoping I was able to hide my pain better, but Andy saw right through my façade. "What's wrong, Jessie?" he asked.