Chapter 8

Andy's pov

I woke up the next morning to complete silence, so I decided to grab a drink before everyone else woke up and claimed the energy drinks. Walking down bunk alley, I saw Jake half off of his bunk, Jinxx's foot sticking out, and cc and ash were sprawled on the floor hugging each other. I quickly dashed to the kitchen so I didn't wake them up.

When I got to the kitchen, Jessie was staring out the window by the sink with a glass in hand. She looked like one of those old time silhouette portraits, only with a bit more color to them. It looked like she tried to tame her hair, but couldn't, so she tried to pull it back into a messy bun.

"Good morning. I didn't expect you to be up so early." I half whispered. She jumped, not realizing I was standing there.

"Oh, good morning, Andy. I haven't been up too long. Just couldn't sleep very well last night. Why are you up so early?" she asked.

"Ditto." I answered back. "What's on the menu today for you?" I asked, nodding to her glass.

"OJ. I'm going out for a run in a few. I just have to find my iPod." She said. Run? I had no idea she was a runner. I looked at her attire, and it was a pair of sweat pants that hugged her body, and a hoodie. Both were black, but her shoes were a really bright hot pink.

"You run? I wanna go." We both turned around to find a sleepy CC walking to the kitchen. I quickly grabbed a monster and hid it in my pocket. He walked to the fridge and grabbed out 2 more. I knew they would be gone within the hour.

"That's fine. I'm thinking of running about 2 miles today. Think you can keep up?" Jessie asked CC.

"Maybe once I have these puppies in me" he said holding up the drink.

"Mind if I go too?" I asked.

"Not at all. The more, the merrier. Looks like I wont be needing my iPod, huh." she joked.

"Go where?" another voice said. When we all turned around, the whole band had gathered down and swarmed the kitchen looking for something to wake them up.

"Andy, CC, and I are going for a run. Anyone else want to come with?" Jessie invited the whole band. I thought it would be funny to see everyone run. We rarely did.

"I'm in." Ash said.

"Ditto" Jinxx mumbled.

"When are we going?" Jake muttered.

It was impossible not to smile. Everyone was so sleepy. I think that's why they agreed to run. But it would be fun to spend time together like this.

"Whenever everyone is ready. Wear something light and able to breathe. And sneakers, not boots." Jessie ordered. Everyone took off to get ready. I stayed behind. I walked up behind her to hug her. She turned to hug me back.

"Andy, this isn't fair." she said.

"Huh?" I was confused.

"You're so freakin tall, and I'm just here being short and all."

I busted out laughing. I couldn't help it. She started pouting. I sat on the ground, hoping to make her feel tall.

"Better?" I asked. She laughed. I stood to go get dressed. "I'll be back. I'm going to get dressed."

I ran to my room, quickly grabbing a pair of sweat pants and my misfits tank top. I quickly yanked on a pair of sneakers and went to go join the rest of the band in the kitchen. We were all ready. Jessie was stretching when we walked outside. We all took off jogging within a few minutes.

"Damn, Andy. It's hard to keep up with you!" Jessie panted. She was keeping a decent pace right behind me.

"What can I say. I have long legs." I said, equally out of breath. I saw diner up ahead. "What do you say we all grab some breakfast?" I asked, nodding to the diner.

"I don't have money on me." she said.

"I didn't ask if you had money. I can cover it." I said, stopping at the doors. The guys caught up shortly after.

"I'll pay you back when we get back to the bus," she said. I just rolled my eyes. I held the door open for everyone. A waitress looked at our group and smiled.

"Six, please." I said.

"Right this way, sir." she motioned us to follow. We were seated in the corner at the largest table they had. "Can I get everyone a drink to start you off?"

"Can I have a water, please?" Jessie asked sweetly.

"Same here." I said.

"Orange Juice, please." Jinxx said.

"Coffee," Ash, Jake, and CC said in unison. The waitress laughed, staring at Ash for a few moments. We all looked at the menu, and all decided to get pancakes with bacon. The time passed quickly. We all watched Ash flirt with the waitress and her flirt back. After a few minutes, Ash excused himself and went to the bathroom. The waitress went that direction shortly after. Jessie excused herself to use the bathroom shortly after.

"10 on Ash getting it in with the waitress" CC whispered.

"You're on," Jake whispered in return.

Not too long after Jessie left the table, she came back flushed.

"Do NOT go near the bathrooms." she said, still blushing. Jake reached into his wallet, pulling out money. We all knew what was going on. I got up to pay for our breakfast, leaving a tip on the table. The chef was the one who took the payment, looking around for someone, the waitress, I presume. I went back to the table to talk with everyone for a few minutes.

"I'm going out for a smoke," I announced.

"Can I bum one off of you? I forgot mine on the bus," Jessie asked. I handed her one and we went outside. We stood in silence until we were about half finished our cigarettes when everyone came bursting out the door.

"Run!" Ash screamed at the top of his lungs. We tossed the cigarettes and ran.

"Ash, what did you do now?!" I asked, yelling.

"Apparently, the waitress was the chef's daughter. He didn't appreciate us having sex, and he chased us with a knife. I looked back to find him walking back into the diner. It wasn't long before we arrived back at the bus. We walked in and Jessie went straight to her bunk. I followed her, worried she might do something.

#justwriteit

#supercharged