Chapter 3

I looked around my room, more sullen than ever. Looking at the calendar, I began to cry. I searched for my razorblade. It was exactly one year ago today that Michael died by the hands of my brother. The pain hasn't gone away since. I completely changed since that day. Shortly after the incident, my brother killed himself in the jail. My mother has since been locked in the psych ward in the hospital. She had no idea I even existed anymore. I turned on my laptop and started looking to see when Black Veil Brides were coming back to town. I was curious to see how they were doing since then. What luck I had...they were going to be in town in 3 days. I quickly purchased the tickets for the VIP meet and greet.

The 3 days passed quickly. I didn't bother getting as dressed up as the last time I saw them. Just a t shirt and black skinnies. I got in the car, which used to be Michael's. His mother decided to give it to me as a memory to hold on to. It wasn't a long drive. I got there in only about 20 minutes. I walked up to the door, showing my pass to the security guard, who allowed me through, pointing me in the right direction.

The door was open already, so I just knocked on the frame.

"Jessica! How have you been?" Andy asked, concerned, yet relieved.

"Dealing with it to my best ability." I said casually. I didn't want them to know how I was dealing with everything. "Where's the bathroom here?" I asked.

"Through that door." CC pointed to a door in the back of the room. I needed to do something. I had the urge to cut right now. But I couldn't. I went in and just started scratching my wrist until it hurt. When I finally came out, they all looked at me like I had done something bad.

"What?" I asked, curious to what they were thinking I was doing.

"What the hell were you doing in there? You were gone for about 10 minutes." Jake said.

"Fixing my makeup and adjusting my bra. It was sliding up too far." I lied. "Where are you going after this show tonight?"

"San Diego." Jinxx said. It wasn't a long drive, but it was far enough away that I could start a new life for myself away from the pain that my home had caused. "Why?"

"Would you mind if I went with you guys until we got there? I can't stay at home anymore. The memories are just too much. My mother went insane after my brother killed himself, and she just kind of forgot she had a daughter. I don't want to be where I'm not wanted. So I want to get a new start on life in a new place with new people." I answered truthfully.

"Why stop there then? Why not tour with us? You might get a better idea on where you want to live than just picking a place out of a hat and settling there." Andy said, looking for the approval of his bandmates. They all nodded in agreement.

I decided he was right. Plus, I would be able to get to know my heroes even better than most would. "Alright. But there's still the problem of me living in my car. I don't have room for all of the things I have, and I don't want to leave everything behind.

"So keep it on the bus with us. If you want to keep your car still, we have room for one more in the trailer, so you can park it there and drive it when you want. As for living arrangements, we still have one bunk left. We use it for guests when they stop in, particularly when Sammi comes with us for a short bit, but she can stay with me." Jinxx said.

"And I wouldn't be imposing on you guys?" I asked, double checking.

"Not if you show us that tattoo you were talking about last year." Ashley joked. I did promise I would show them it, just not in front of everyone. So I lifted the back of my shirt up, careful not to reveal any scars or burn marks I had branded into my skin.

The magnificent tiger I had originally had grown into a back piece with rivers, trees, and flowers everywhere. It was the typical nature scene, but revamped into something more my style. It was beautiful.

Everyone stood around talking about our tattoos until it was time for them to perform. I waited backstage patiently, listening to every song they performed. After the show, the crew started the cleanup. Jake had asked me to hold his guitar while he ran to piss. Without realizing it, I had begun to play the intro to "Knives and Pens". Everyone stared at me as if I grew a second head.

" Wow, you're really good." Jinxx said, shocked at my ability. Jake had wondered out of the bathroom moments later, taking the guitar from me and placing it in its case. We began our journey out to the bus, where I was given a tour.

"So where do you guys want to meet up at? I have to run home to grab atleast some of my things." I said.

"Great. We can follow you home. That way you can put all of your stuff on the bus and not have to worry about returning unless you wanted to." Ryan said, coming out of nowhere. Ryan was the driver for this tour. I had only met him minutes before the show. He seemed like a nice guy so far, and all the guys seemed to like him as well.

"Alright then. If you'll follow me." I joked, gesturing to my car.

"I call shotgun!" Andy yelled. I had assumed originally that he was talking about sitting up front on the bus until he waited outside of my car, waiting for me to unlock the door. "Nice car." he stated.

"It was Michael's. His mother gave it to me since I had nothing but the locket to remember him by, where she had everything." I said glumly. I didn't want to get rid of the car, but every time I saw it, it reminded me of him. I really missed him.

#justwriteit  #supercharged