Chapter 22

Five months later

Jessie's pov

I looked in the mirror at myself. I was no longer the skinny girl I once was. I looked like someone inflated a beach ball under my shirt where my stomach should be. None of my old clothes fit me. I was confined to sweatpants and maternity shirts.

"Jessica, are you ready? Everyone is waiting on you." Sammi said through the door. Andy and I found a nice house for rent shortly after our honeymoon. It was really big, and had enough room for the whole band to move in with us. I opened the door, waddling out to meet Sammi. We were about to go out to finish shopping for the baby. Near the bottom of the stairs, another wave of braxton-hicks contractions hit, and I had to grab onto the railing to keep myself from falling over. Andy rushed over to me.

"Are you alright? Is it time?" he was freaking out.

"No, just the usual. Although this one was a bit stronger." I said. I waited a few moments after the contraction ended to walk again. We got into the cars and headed to the mall. We were staying just outside Cincinnati so we could be close to the hospital and Andy's parents just in case.

Wandering through the mall, we went to a few small shops to get some bottles and toys for the baby before we went to Babies-Я-Us. We picked up a changing table, a diaper genie, and some changing cloths to lay her on, as well as a plain white onsie, which we were going to take to the one store to have customised. Once we paid, we headed to 'The Boardwalk' to get the BVB star and the band name printed onto it. It only took about 15 minutes. We left to return home. I was exhausted.

I wandered to the couch, not bothering to help carry everything inside. My contractions were getting a bit more painful than usual. It was getting close to her due date. Only a few more days. I couldn't wait to hold her. I wanted her out now. My stomach began to growl, so I waddled my way into the large kitchen, where everyone was crowding. I took out a blueberry bagel and began munching on it, sitting next to Sammi.

"So do you guys have a name picked out for her yet?" Jake asked.

"Not yet. We're down to 3 names, and we decided to wait to see her before we named her." I said, trying to stand up.

"Where are you going?" Sammi asked.

"To get a drink..." I answered, not wanting to bother anyone.

"Let me get it. You need to be resting." Andy said from across the room.

"It's fine. I need to walk, Andy. I can't just sit around all the time." I said walking over to grab a glass from the cabinet. I poured myself a glass of apple juice and began sipping on it. Everyone began walking into the living room. All of a sudden, a warm liquid spilled out of me and onto the floor. Everything just happened so quickly. Everyone stopped dead in their tracks, too afraid to turn around. I dropped my glass, which I had just emptied. I knew what happened.

"My water broke," I whispered, but it was nearly inaudible. Andy turned to face me, staring at the puddle on the floor.

"Jesus, Jessie!" he began to freak out, but he was frozen where he stood, still in shock. Another contraction hit and I fell to the floor from the pain. Then, everyone was surrounding me, Jake calling Andy's parents, Sammi trying to find a phone to call an ambulance, Ash kicking away the glass on the floor, and Andy and CC carrying me to the couch.

"Alright, we're all calm. We can do this. I'm just going to call..." he was saying.

"Get the car!" I yelled, interrupting him. He ran and grabbed the keys, Ashley and CC helping me try and walk to the car. Another contraction hit, and CC picked me up, Ash ran to the door as CC rushed me out to the car. He placed me in the back seat, allowing me to lay down. Ash took Andy's spot as the driver as Andy got in the back with me, allowing me to lay my head on his lap. I was already in tears from the pain. Could I do this?