Chapter 13

Osten got off a lot easier than he normally does, with only a revenge prank from Eadlyn and Kile. It WAS pretty funny, though.

We are sitting in the office laughing when Dad says, "Kids? Can you come over here?"

Eadlyn, Ahren, Kaden, and I go over to where he is sitting in the office.

"Yes?" Eadlyn asks.

"You probably think this palace is full enough already, but we're going to have another royal visitor," Dad tells us.

"Who?" Kaden questions.

"Prince Arthur from Italy and Princess Emilia also from Italy."

"At least they're not random strangers," I reply. Yes! We've known Arthur and Emilia for a while, and they're fun to be around, unlike some other royalty. My phone buzzes. It's Arthur.

"Who is that?" Ahren asks.

"Arthur," Kaden says, reading the caller ID.

"What's he calling for?" Eadlyn asks.

I shrug and pick up the phone. "Hey, Art!"

"I'm coming to Illéa!"

"I know. Dad told us less than a minute ago."

"Darn it."

"Well, you never had the world's best timing."

"True. What are you doing now?"

"Standing in my dad's office with Kaden, Eadlyn, and Ahren."

"Whoops. Call you back later?"

"Yeah. Bye."

"What'd he say?" Kaden asks.

"The same thing Dad said," I reply.

"Typical Arthur," Ahren says.

"I'm half expecting Emilia to call," Eadlyn jokes.

"Probably not. Arthur is probably telling her that we already know," Kaden replies.

Arthur and Emilia are siblings who are two years apart. Arthur, at seventeen, is older, and the Crown Prince. Emilia is fifteen years old, about eight months younger than I am. Arthur is closer with me and Emilia is closer with Kaden, kind of like the little sister he never had.

"When are they coming?" Ahren asks.

"They're coming with their parents on a diplomatic mission, except we're all so close that it's more like a 'let's see some friends' visit, next week," Dad answers.

"What about Prince August? Won't their visit overlap with his?" I ask.

"Yes, but your schedules remain relatively flexible. With luck, all will be well by the time the Italian family comes," Dad replies.

Author's Note

Hmm, wonder what's going to happen with Arthur...

-Nom Nom