Chapter 15

Nope. Definitely not shy. In fact, he makes his personality known throughout the castle by pointing it out whenever a royal, or an ambassador does anything wrong. At ALL. Be it slouches or walk incorrectly, or even use the wrong FORK, he will correct it. How can he and Henri be so different if they were both raised in Swendish homes? At least we'll have a respite when the Italians come, as Prince August will go to Swendway for a month, since he doesn't believe three royal families should stay in one palace together for more than a month. Seriously? No wonder we rarely see him. He'd probably think it was improper. Then I am hit with something sharp.

"Ow!" I shout as I realize it was Prince August's sword. I had been thinking and still fencing with him, yet I still managed to win.

"I sincerely apologize!" Prince August exclaims.

"Infirmary?" Kaden asks.

With Kaden and Prince August's help, I limp to the infirmary.

"What happened?" a voice asks. A burst of adrenaline courses through my veins when I realize who that voice belongs to.

"Mom!" Kaden and I simultaneously shout.

"America!" Dad exclaims, running into the room.

"You're awake!" shouts Eadlyn, sprinting at top speed.

"Yes I am," Mom replies.

We are all pulled into a group hug when Ahren and Osten burst in. Our family is finally whole again at last.

"Maxon," Mom says.

"Yes, my dear?" asks Dad.

Mom gives him the evil eye and continues, "How have things been going?"

"The Swendish royal family are here because they gave the remedy to us and because their son idolizes Kaden and Celeste," Dad replies.

"Don't forget that Arthur and Emilia are coming next week," Eadlyn reminds him.

"They are?" Mom asks.

"Supposedly on a diplomatic mission, but in truth, it's basically a vacation," Kaden adds.

"Your highnesses?" a nurse cuts in.

"Her Majesty's vitals must be checked," another says.

I realize that Prince August is gone.

"What about your leg?" Kaden asks me.

Oh. During all the excitement, my fencing accident had been temporarily forgotten.

"What happened to your leg, your highness?" the nurse asks.

"Fencing," I reply.

"May I have a look at it?" the nurse questions.

"Sure," I say.

"Well, that's strange. What hit you?" she asks.

"Sword. A broadsword, to be exact," I tell her.

"Yet it still made this bruise. Interesting," she muses, "Anyways, you'll just need to bandage it with this," she says, handing me a cloth wrapping thing that I never learned the name of, "and you should be fine."

"Thanks," I say, and walk out of the infirmary to rejoin my family, who had left to go to dinner, then wave to Mom, who is still stuck answering questions

Author's Note

       America's awake! Yay!!!!!!!

-Nom Nom