Chapter 19

The next day, I go to the secret library with Arthur because it's one of the few places where there are no cameras and I really don't want to have to wear super fancy clothes.

"Hey, I haven't seen Emilia or Kaden all day. Wonder where they are?" I muse.

"So do I. I didn't see them when we were walking over here, but we used the hallway with no cameramen, and I don't know if they're hiding from the paparazzi or not," Arthur replies.

"Do you want to go out into the garden? We've been in here for hours, and the garden is one of the other places where cameras were forbidden because it's my parents' special place," I suggest.

"Sure," Arthur replies.

We walk out into the garden and suddenly, a jet of some liquid hits me. I turn around and see a grinning Arthur holding a garden hose.

"What was that for?!" I exclaim and lunge for the hose. I grab it and spray him right back.

"Hey!"

"That's what you get."

    He snatches the hose back and squirts cold water at me.

"Do you yield?"

"Never!" I reply and grab the hose and turn it on, making sure it soaks him.

This goes on for a few minutes, with both of us soaking wet, until Arthur makes a grab for the hose and ends up slipping and falling into a pile of mud.

"I must look ridiculous!" he says between laughs.

"It's fine, there shouldn't be cameras here. Besides, I've had way worse. Try being coated in mud in front of the Louvre and a huge crowd!" I exclaim, stifling laughter.

"You did?!"

"When tracking down Ahren," I clarify.

"I have to go change before the mud dries, though," Arthur says.

"I'd better change, too. Luckily, Jane's back, so she won't stare at me like I'm a weirdo," I reply.

    Jane doesn't ask any questions, but others do.