Chapter 31

Eadlyn and I walk into the Men's Parlor, where the Selected have gathered.

"Hello, gentlemen," she says.

"We've got good news and bad news," I add.

"The good news is that you will be staying in the palace a little longer than expected, AND you can start calling home after the expected three months passes," Eadlyn continues.

"The bad news is that some of you will be leaving today."

       Immediately, the Selected look worried. But most of them are safe.

"We have been conducting a test for the past few hours," Eadlyn announces.

"A few of you noticed that something was odd with 'Princess Eadlyn,' who was, in fact, actually me. Come up if you did," I say.

      Kile, Hale, Henri, Baden, Ean, and Fox stand up. But so does Julian.

"Why on Earth are you standing up?" I ask.

       Julian looks mortified and sits back down.

"From those of you still sitting, two will be leaving due to MY findings as Princess Celeste," Eadlyn tells them.

"You see, those who say traitorous thing about their peers should not become a Prince Consort," I say.

"Sirs Raoul and Gunner. You are excused for insulting fellow Selected," Eadlyn says with conviction.

"You can't do that!" Raoul exclaims.

"Yes, I can. My father did the same thing in HIS Selection, and need I remind you that I have control over this Selection?" Eadlyn tells him.

"This is unjust!" Gunner shouts.

"It is most certainly not, and if you keep acting like children, I will escort you out, myself," I tell him.

"I'd like to see you try, little girl," Gunner says.

     I tackle Gunner and pin down his arms and legs in five seconds flat. He has the strength of a five-year-old.

"Who's the little girl now?" I taunt. "You are leaving, and that's that because you were ordered to by the Crown Princess of Illéa."

"Fine!"

      Eadlyn calls for a guard to escort Gunner out of the palace. Luckily, since Raoul wasn't nearly as unruly, he didn't need an escort and could leave with his confidence intact.

"See, this is why you do not disrespect people. Royal or otherwise," Eadlyn tells the remaining Selected.

Author's Note

        Okay, now we're down to the top eight and Eadlyn's going to extend the selection! Eadrik shippers, don't get mad at me. There will be some Eadlyn and Erik soon enough. I won't say it won't be painful to write, though, but I'll do it for readers. Sigh. Until next time!

-Nom Nom